d90 equivalent?

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
im leaning heavily towards d90 but i have never used nikons so im going to go try them monday. i was curious if anyone knew an equivalent in quality and performance to the D90 which someone would maybe find as a better camera for the price of around $750 ( which is the lowest i found for the body)?

Are you asking for alternative brands?

Consider the Pentax K-x. You can get a white one for under $500.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-x-2-7-inch-18-55mm-White/dp/B002OEBTD2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275702980&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR with 2.7-inch LCD and…[/ame]

The K-x is a bit more entry level than a D90 but uses the same sensor if I remember correctly, so the image quality is as good.

Have you considered Canon T2i? Also a bit more entry level than the D90 in ways but the feature list is delicious. T1i isn't far behind, but the buttons are smaller.

i kind of figured the t2i is not useful to me because i dont care at all for video and would never use it

i kind of figured the t2i is not useful to me because i dont care at all for video and would never use it

That doesn't mean it takes bad stills. And it's not like the D90 doesn't shoot video (although I've heard it's kinda with the rolling shutter jello effect).

You might grow to like the video. I didn't care about it at first, but it's incredibly fun to use.

So why is the D90 so much better when it comes to taking pictures than the T2i? Its 18 MP so much more than the D90, I dont get it.

read the comparison article it will all make sense trust me. its not all about megapixels

figured it was the sensor, so the d90 is gonna be better than all the canons up to the t2i? Then the 50D is better than the D90 right?

^ The D90 fits in a category somewhere between the lower T2i and the higher 50D. Canon and Nikon tend to stagger their cameras with different purposes or price structures, so there's no real direct competitors until you get to the D300s/7D and D3s/1DmkIV.

Most reactions

Back