d90 flash

lucas123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello i was wondering what would be a good affordable flash for my d90 as i am thinking i probably should have one thanks

It depends if you want to use a speedlight in iTTL, manual mode, on, or off the camera.

If manual mode appeals to you don't need a Nikon, many other brands will work just fine. A decent speedlight with as much or more power than the SB-600 can be as little as $30 on eBay if you get the right one. If I was on my studio computer I could give you a link to an ongoing auction for them. If I remembrer to I'll do so this evening.

Once you really get into using supplimental light you'll find manual mode is what you use most.

are you saying the 600 isnt good if i use my camera in "m"

Really depends on what you need a flash for.

$20 - Gary Fong Puffer: Diffuser for the pop up flash.

$150 - SB-400, low cost flash for around the house shots.

$220 - SB-600, nice flash for most people. Should do about 80% of what anyone needs a flash for.

$450 - SB-900, for the hobbyist who wants the coolest or the professional shooting weddings, etc.

are you saying the 600 isnt good if i use my camera in "m"
Who is this directed to?

Perhaps you should first work on your communication skills.

In all honesty, if you aren't serious enough to use your shift key, I won't be either.

Is there a reason you purchased that perticular flash?
Some Sb-600's go for the price I saw the 7500EDF's at.

Will that work with a D40??? Is manual mode hard to use compared to auto on an sb600 I really want a flash but dont really want to spend 220 dollars

Most reactions

New Topics

Back