D90 or D5000

The D90 is old technology these days and the D5000 is just as good in my eyes.

This gave me a chuckle. Things the D90's old technology has that the new D5000 doesn't

two dials for aperture and shutter
dedicated buttons for a lot of different functions
built in motor
commander mode for firing flash off camera
same sensor as the new D5000
Better screen (doesn't swivel, but quality is better and it's larger)
and many more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

D5000 has that D90 doesn't

Swivel screen that is smaller and lesser quality

that about sums it up....so to call the D90 "old technology" is just plain silly. Heck they are still using the same sensor that the D90 has in the new D300s...so I guess the D300s is old technology too?

Edit: And I understand that the D90 is marketed differently with a lot of the things in that list...my point is, please point out exactly what in the D90 is old technology? I honestly can't think of any reason's that Nikon would even update the D90 to a new model at this time other than minor tweaks to give us a D90s (won't happen...been too long since D90 came out in my opinion).

I own a D5000 and my father in law owns a D90 the D90 is not old tech in any way shape for form.

The D5000 is for people coming from P&S cameras or that just shoot for fun its a lot less intimidating. May vital features and controls are missing. If I knew what I know now I might have spent the extra and gotten the D90.

:lmao:

The D90 is current technology as is the D5000.

Both cameras use the same CMOS image sensor, the same auto focus module, the same metering module.

NateS pointed out some of the differences in features and I would add that Nikon makes a vertical grip for the D90 but not for the D5000.

Most reactions

Back