D90 - portraiture lens?

cgntoonartist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am new to this forum. I glad to be here!

I posted this in the MACRO photography section, but since it has to do with portraiture work, I am posting it here since some portrait photographers may not check the macro section. I hope that's OK. If not, I am sorry about the double post.

After careful consideration, I decided to get a lens for MACRO work but that is also good for nice PORTRAIT photography. This may be the best way for me to get started with a D90 and the type of photography I want to do. I am on a budget, so I am hoping that I can accomplish this with about $300 - $400 for the lens. Is that possible?

What are your best suggestions?

Thanks!

You might try this new page Nikon USA has:

Camera Lenses from Nikon

Looks like their least expensive lens that fits your use requirements is about $530 new: AF-S DX Micro 85mm f/3.5G ED VR.

Micro is Nikonese for macro. The only trouble is 85mm is a little short for macro work, but good for portraiture. The 105 mm would work better for macro but is over $900 new.

You can always check out 3rd party lenses.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a SIGMA lens equivalent to the AF-S DX Micro 105mm f/3.5G ED VR that may be a little more affordable and good?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back