D90 shutter sounds.....

PhotomanDan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can I turn the shutter sound down or off? I've looked through all the menues, searched this site, Nikon home, etc, but can't find anything. I find the shutter to be loud and disruptive.

Thanks for your help.

On a DLSR, the sound you hear is from physical movement of the mirror and shutter curtains. It's not an electronic noise like on a Point and Shoot, so no, you can't turn it off or down.

Fair enough question from anyone coming from a point and shoot really.

The simple answer is no. As mentioned it's a mechanical sound, not an option to change/disable it like many point and shoot cameras.

I guess you could surround the camera in noise dampening material... Or buy a D5000 or D300s with Quiet Mode.

........got it. So any suggestions on muffling the sound since I can't turn it off?

thanks

When my d90 gets too loud I always use
I have nothing but good things to say about them!
TJ

I guess i don't blame you for wanting it quieter. But no, there is no practical way to make it quieter.

I just took a picture with mine to see how loud it was, I never noticed much noise. To be honest I still really don't. but this thread made me lul.

Am I the only one who loves my shutter sound? :lol:

i just bought a D90 from Adorama. when trying them out the very first thing i noticed is how different the shutter sounded from the D40. i liked it a lot and am actually looking forward to it, funny as it may sound.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back