D90 shutter sounds.....

D90 doesn't have mirror lockup.

However it does have thermal....

does it really not have mirror lockup? i thought it did sense the mirror locks up when you are doing video. i mean hell, my d50 had it, my d200 has it...odd.

Not as a feature, more as a sideeffect of video shooting, but no way to lockup and then shoot after the vibe has dissipated.

Not as a feature, more as a sideeffect of video shooting, but no way to lockup and then shoot after the vibe has dissipated.
Yep. You can shoot a still while in Live View, but the mirror cycles.

The only D90 mirror lockup is for cleaning the sensor.

Anyone shooting wildlife up-close will tell you the shutter sound will cause critters to disappear quicker than a blink. I found the only solution with my D90 is to use a longer lens and crop the photo. Unfortunately, that makes shooting animals on the move a little more tricky, especially the lightening fast hummingbirds. When standing in the middle of these little guys, I've learned to gain their trust and rely on my Nikon S9100, which presents it's own set of problems. I'll save that for another forum. That said, I've managed to get some good hummer shots. I seldom head out the door without at least 4 cameras at my side. The best solution to most camera problems, making sure you have backup cameras along!

They may have figured all that out for themselves in the 4 years since the tread was last replied to.

Most reactions

Back