dad gave me his camera

catsman72

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so today I went on my boat with my dad and mom for mothers day and my dad noticed that I liked taking photos with my kodak z650.and when we got back he gave me his camera. its a kalimar sr200 slr. its about 35-40 years old. and for a lens it has a bushnell 90-230mm. has anyone herd of these companys I no kalimar is still alive but dose anyone no much about slr and this camera?

If it's a Kalimar, it's a rebadged version of someone else's design.

Does it look like a Zenit-E? (couple of links there).

If so there are scans of manuals here and here.

Basically it's a fully manual 35mm SLR with the 'm42' screw mount, meaning you can use it with an endless variety of second-hand lenses from various manufacturers including Pentax, Fuji, Carl Zeiss, Cosina, Mamiya, Schneider... in other words there's plenty of choice. Sorry I don't know anything about the Bushnell. I expect it's safe to say that it's someone else's lens rebranded but I'm not even 100% on that.

Bushnell is known more for telescopic rifle sights, spotting scopes and binoculars than for camera lenses. A Bushnell M42 lens is most probably a rebrand. Kalimar 200 and Zenit E appear to be the same animal.

Congrads. That's how I started out. Dad gave me his Nikon FE (about the same age). I hope he gave you a manual as well :)

it is the same camera but the len on mine is about a foot long. and mine dose not have a flash holder. but other than that the only difference is names. its a awesome camera and its alot more fun than my z650 and thank you for the links and manuals. ill post a pic

1000550eu2.jpg

sorry for the over sized photo

My Dad gave me my first camera also. It was his old Yashica 35mm, and let me tell you it took some really NICE photos! Enjoy learning on this camera :wink:

found out how to resize. this is my first time ever putting film in a camera. its a lot different than what im use to. and I messed up my first role. but luckly I got the 4 pack.:D. and it might just be me but I think I can take a lot better photos with this camera than my kodak z650.

Most reactions

Back