Dad scoping out the stripers

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C? sharpened, maybe too much and desaturated some.. went for a diffrent kinda look. duno how it worked out. Comments apprechiated.

2555176400_7cdd945bfc_b.jpg

Did you intend on having a halo around his head?
The gray in his hair pops out and is amazing!

didnt plan on the halo, it happened with the smart sharpen, but i thought it looked neat haha. thnx for the comment.

I like it
very sharp
love the detail on the kin

ok i thought I was going to see stripper's when opening this. ;)

i like it, i'd like it better if you resized it to see betteR!

ok i thought I was going to see stripper's when opening this. ;)

i like it, i'd like it better if you resized it to see betteR!

So did I :( Seriously though, fish are cool too.. I guess :er:

The detail is amazing. It might be a bit too sharp for me, but that's opinion, and my opinion is not the type of opinion you want to be basing your photos on. Even if it was, I'd leave it as is, as you can't please everyone. Good job!

The detail IS amazing, but it would be even more amazing if it were handled with a more delicate touch. You could get this image to show off all of its wonderful detail without this heavy-handed editing.

I would go back and tone down the sharpening a bit and mask out the areas that don't work (like that halo around his head)

Still a really cool, detailed picture though!

C&C? sharpened, maybe too much and desaturated some.. went for a diffrent kinda look. duno how it worked out. Comments apprechiated.

Nothing really different here. Too much sharpening and that's aboot it.

If you're going to over sharpen a photo like this, at least clean it up a bit. Maybe a layer with some masking. Over sharpened skin has a tendency to make the subject look like a leper. That and the halo that everyone else complained about. Next time, layer and mask off areas where you get undesired effects. Spending more time on a photo than using some auto setting and actions can mean the difference between something good and something not.

We told you multiple times: mask it out.

If you don't quite know what layer masks are yet, google it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Detail is fine. Looks like it's been Photomatix'ed to hell and back. It's an interesting look I suppose, but doesn't work for me personally.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back