Dallas Cowboy Stadium Construction Series - May '08

addylo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nealaddy.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been doing a monthly series on the new stadium construction since February. Here is May's installment. More pics (and originals) available at http://www.pbase.com/nealaddy/may_08

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

It sure is coming along, I just cannot wait to see the fights between people leaving the Cowboys car pack and the Rangers car park :).

Yeah, between the Rangers, Cowboys, and Six Flags, North Arlington is going to be one big "no fly zone" for me. These days the way Mansfield is growing I rarely cross I-20 anymore.

I like the shots. The power lines are kind of distracting, but they're everywhere. And the fourth one is cool, it gives me vertigo. I'd hate to see what would happen if you were to tilt it counterclockwise a bit, I'd probably really get nervous looking at it!

Please tell me its going to have the hole in the roof like the old one! I don't really like the Cowboys (cause everyone cheers for them, they're kind of like the Yankees and Notre Dame), but their stadium was cool, how the shadow would only be on part of the field, and it would only rain on the field and not on the fans. This retractable roof stuff like in Houston kind of ruins the effect for me. They should make a rule that it has to be OPEN during inclement weather :) That'd be something fun to watch!

I work in Mansfield!!!! and live in Arlington.

Hahha, I live across the street from Mansfield, literally--Turner Warnell & Matlock area. And I work in Mansfield too--Country Club & Matlock.

Always funny to run across people online and realize they're your neighbors, LOL.

From what I understand this is going to have a roll-back roof. That's going to be something to watch when they start work on that thing!

Must be quite a few neighbors here. I live in FW but work in Arlington within sight of the stadium. Fortunately I'm far enough south to not get too snarled in traffic once this thing is alive.

But working from home on weekday game days may be tempting.

Being a metroplex native I think it's exciting...but, I am sure going to miss Texas Stadium :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back