Dallas Hindu Temple

srini

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
A picture of a priest at a Dallas Hindu temple.
Canon 20D, 85mm 1.2L, available light.
Let me know how this image can be improved.
Comments/Critique requested... Srini RR

original.jpg

Nice capture!

However, I would slightly bump up the saturation to lift that yellow & orange off of his shawl or whatever it is called.
The image also calls for some fiddling with curves and contrast along with the Unsharp Mask to make him really stand out.

This also looks like a promising frame to play with in black & white.

danalec99 said:
Nice capture!

However, I would slightly bump up the saturation to lift that yellow & orange off of his shawl or whatever it is called.
The image also calls for some fiddling with curves and contrast along with the Unsharp Mask to make him really stand out.

This also looks like a promising frame to play with in black & white.

Aaahhh!!! Don't you dare turn this black & white!! LOL!! So much of the Indian culture (that I have been exposed to anyway) has been so colorful and beautiful! Don't lose that!

This a really nice shot. I agree that a bump in contrast, or some dodging and burning might help lift him out into the foreground.

I also don't like the black/brown thing looming in from the left side.

Might be cool to see more of his face too, instead of so much profile.

Personally I like how his face is almost completely dark. Color works for this photo. That thing behind him is bothersom. My first impression was a DOF to bring in the background but I think there is more of a message the way you captured it.

If there was more light on his face (something you can probably get in PS), I'd also look at it in B&W. The colors are nice, but I'd like to see a version more about the person.

This is one of those (rare?) images that really can be done a couple of ways, and be a couple of different pictures. As it is, I think it's nice -- an emphasis on colors, and the man is not the focal point. I think the colors could be a little more saturated as someone said, but it's nice. But a little more emphasis on the man changes things, and a version in B&E could be interesting.

As an aside, I'd like to see some balance - something he's looking or moving toward. That, or a more extreme horizontal crop to add shape and focus on the figure.

It is an interesting photo, I wish th elight was more on his face rather than his clothes. I am a little scared.

I love it Srini! I think the light on his face is just right considered the placement of the natural lighting. Ahhhh, it just looks so relaxing and spirtitual. Wonderful.
(And I'm glad you finally found this place!!!!)

Most reactions

Back