Dallas Pano

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first ever pano. It was a lot more difficult than I thought! A $20 dollar walmart tripod that I used was horrible with the wind. The first picture is 11 shots total and the 2nd is 4.
exif: f/11 4sec iso 400 at 190mm digital rebel xt 70-300 lense for the first shot. Im debating weither or not to print it. What do you guys think?

1.http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2568/3823581481_d419c8737c_b.jpg

2.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3461/3824396026_40a844749d_b.jpg

I know the second shot is blurry in the middle due to flimsy tripod.

Last edited:
Hey Hardrock,
I really like the first one, but it seems incomplete on the left side. I'm not familiar with Dallas, so I don't know what you would see to the left, but it seems you cut a building in half. Would the composition be helped if you just cropped out the left two buildings?

Such a beautiful city. I do miss it at times.

That first one is quite spectacular, and the second one doesn't even look like a Pano. I don't know if that was the intended effect or not.

Go Stars...

3824396026_40a844749d_b.jpg

Oh, I just got it... Nice technique on the shot. 4 verticals?

Hey Hardrock,
I really like the first one, but it seems incomplete on the left side. I'm not familiar with Dallas, so I don't know what you would see to the left, but it seems you cut a building in half. Would the composition be helped if you just cropped out the left two buildings?

Yeah I probally should have cropped the building out to the left , but I wanted to leave enough room for the AA center. After those two buildings there isn't much else to look at. Thanks!

Such a beautiful city. I do miss it at times.

That first one is quite spectacular, and the second one doesn't even look like a Pano. I don't know if that was the intended effect or not.

Go Stars...

Yeah the second one was me trying to figure out how I wanted to take the shots before night came. Also the first picture took me for ever to stitch and adjust in photoshop that I really didnt feel like the second was worth the time since the center was so blurry. Thanks!

Did that second one not align properly? The buildings left of centre look really blury which is often caused by images that are very softly blended but not properly aligned.

the first one is weird because it seems to me that on the left side the picture is blury and crowded and on the right side it is clear and less crowded.

for the second one, we dont really get the feeling of a pano... maybe you should cut the picture horizontally in half and keep the lower part

hope i helped

Did that second one not align properly? The buildings left of centre look really blury which is often caused by images that are very softly blended but not properly aligned.

To be honest I dont know I just let photoshop do its thing and thats what came out. I guess I need to go back and look at the original pictures. There is actually more shots that I can stitch together on the second shot to make it more like a pano I just didn't take the time to do because I liked the first one alot better.

the first one is weird because it seems to me that on the left side the picture is blury and crowded and on the right side it is clear and less crowded.

for the second one, we dont really get the feeling of a pano... maybe you should cut the picture horizontally in half and keep the lower part

hope i helped

I had to size the picture down by more than half to put on flikr and I think that could of hurt some of the resolution , because the original size is pretty clear when zoomed in. I do agree the right side of the picture may be a little sharper maybe because I was closer to the right side of the city instead of the left? It was my first Pano and definitely a learning experience.

I believe its called chalk hill close to Oakcliff.

where exactly in dallas where you when you took the first one? i use to live there so i would know

Most reactions

New Topics

Back