Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very cooperative damesfly
p833593349-4.jpg

p590012217-4.jpg

p799913200-4.jpg

p696071684-4.jpg
\

All shot with the Tamron 180mm + Kenko pro300 1.4tc (not the usual 68mm tubes)

I like that last one the best. :thumbup:

Are you getting a little more working distance with the 1.4? Man Im finding that Ive got to be so unbelievably close to get 1:1. Critters are so skiddish closer than about two feet!

I like that last one the best. :thumbup:

Are you getting a little more working distance with the 1.4? Man Im finding that Ive got to be so unbelievably close to get 1:1. Critters are so skiddish closer than about two feet!

Yes and no. With the 1.4TC my maximum magnification is 1.4:1 (actually it's 1.475:1 based on my measurements) compared to 1:1 without the TC.

My minimum focusing distance does not change though....so with just the lens...at 1:1 I have 18.5" working distance. With the TC at 1.475:1 I have 18.5" working distance.....so if I choose to stay in the 1:1 range, yes I have more working distance. Works great for butterflies, but I still have the option to get closer than 1:1 if I need too...though 1.5ish:1 is a little shaky at 252mm and I usually switch to the tubes if I know that I'll be shooting mainly beyond 1:1. (With the tubes I lose infinity focus though so if the bugs are too far away, I just flat out can't focus from those distances...with all the tubes I have to be within about 3 feet or bust).

...though 1.5ish:1 is a little shaky at 252mm and I usually switch to the tubes if I know that I'll be shooting mainly beyond 1:1.

Its amazing how little shake it takes to get blur! I thought I had a pretty steady hand.

Im still guessing Ill get tubes first. Just because I dont want any more glass in the way.

WOW. grat shot

Most reactions

Back