Damn Cat - C&C and tips for reshoot

agoodey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my damn girlfriend wants a shot of her damn cat to put on a damn canvas. Can I get the thing to stay still for 2 seconds? Can I heck. I've spent hours and filled up memory cards trying to get a decent shot of the damn animal.

This is the best I have come up with so far. She (the girlfriend not the cat) quite likes it, but I am determined to do better. I know there are issues with this, not least the amount of blown out areas.

So any C&C and tips on how to get a better shot of the bloody thing would be greatly appreciated. I have a Nikon D40 and only the on-camera flash. It's still pretty grim here at the moment so mostly shooting indoors, but I am waiting for an opportunity to shoot her (with the camera first and then possibly a rifl.....) outdoors.

Thanks in advance!

P.s. I love animals really. Gotta go, she's just thrown up on the carpet (the cat, not the girlfriend!)

4499154059_dd0e5dcf81_b.jpg

lol, thats just a funny post. sorry no cc on it. looking forward to see what everyone has to say tho...

Give the cat some kitty downers?
Seriously, catch the thing asleep.

...and take lots and lots and lots of shots, something will turn out.

Brilliant post :lmao: Sharpness is key, I think. Eyes must also be in focus and sharp.

You can try playing with the cat until it is exhausted. Once it is tired, it will usually find a nice shady spot to sit and relax. You don't want a picture of it asleep, but one where it is just relaxing and not moving all that much. Hopefully, it will pick a spot next to nice window lighting. Any cat owner will tell you that you can't get a cat to do what you want it to, no matter what.

Example:

SMP-15.jpg

Use the same technique I used to get my first nudes....Chloroform

HAHAHAHAHAHA @ post #6

:lmao: Boomn4x4

Man, what a guy's willing to do for a *****...

:)

EDIT: aww wordfilter haha... as if there's any doubt to what it's filtering..

The cat looks like a grumpy old man.

Looks like I captured it's personality perfectly then!

Thanks for all the comments and tips, much appreciated.

I'm still not having much luck getting a good natural shot of her seeing as all she does is eat, throw up, crap and sleep. So I thought seeing as it is for a canvas that I would try something completely the opposite and go dramatic and over-processed.

What do you think of this? I kind of like it, but not certain enough for it go up on a wall that's for sure! It's almost pop art I suppose.

If this doesn't work then my next try will be to set up the timer on my camera to try to capture an action shot of her being kicked out the bedroom window when she wakes me up at 5am tomorrow morning. Any tips on shooting in early morning bedroom light?

willowx.jpg

If this doesn't work then my next try will be to set up the timer on my camera to try to capture an action shot of her being kicked out the bedroom window when she wakes me up at 5am tomorrow morning. Any tips on shooting in early morning bedroom light?

So much win in this quote. :thumbup:

:lol::lol:

well if its early morning bedroom light you probably wont need a scope since the cat will be pretty close range (im assuming its a small bedroom) the lighting should be good, and the cat should be pretty tired from keeping you up all night biting your feet and knocking **** off the walls...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back