bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the question of the day is: Do we scrap the shot because the foreground and some of the background is "messy," or do we still make the shot because it's really funny?

Damn,-This-Wind-Shear-is-a-*****.jpg

Would say the latter. Amazing catch.

Nice shot the wind was bad here today one hawk had no choice but to fly right at us

BD, I didn't really notice the background until you mentioned it. I always try and look at the image first before reading what the poster says. I'm with Dean_Gretsch on this one - you take what you can get - always take the shot, particularly when it is as interesting as this one :biggrin-93: .

As far as the background is concerned, "Photoshop to the rescue!" :clap:

WesternGuy

I always think these types of shots are better than the "standard" shot. Unique and interesting!

To my eye the only bit that distracts a little is the bit of out of focus foreground that is on the far left side about half way up (its not really foreground picture wise but its certainly something that is in the fore of the scene).

Other than the foreground isn't bad considering its a wild shot; sure its not that perfect creamy out of focus nothingness, but sometimes I feel that we aspire to that too much at a loss of more natural settings. This to me looks like a bird in its element and thus its part of the beauty of the scene; the feathers ruffled like crazy also really pulls the viewers eye in. The bird is white and bright and doing something action orientated and different so there's really a lot to keep the eye there and not having it roam the rest of the shot; and when it does its just the natural setting it sees.

Most reactions

Back