Damn Your Eyes.

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another venture into photography as graphic art.
I have been around here long enough to know at least half of you will not like this :greenpbl:. I was trying some different stuf on this image, and this process kept haunting me. In particular, I love the detail of the eyes. I like this because the further away you get from it, the more it turns back into a photograph. The closer you get, you (at least I do) get really caught up in the detailed lines. I think this image has significant impact, and evokes many emotions from the viewer.

I could be wrong. Am I?
Do you like it? Is it too much? Do you get a feel for what I see in it?

4317559501_f365aa6646_o.jpg

Nice, was this Topaz Clean 2?

I haven't really played with this effect a whole bunch, but it adds some interesting detail. It interests me much the same way pointillism does.

Pretty cool man...

Yes Dominantly, it is. It's been fun messing around with. Seeing what works where. Some images lend themselve to one effect while others come out just aweful. Definitely a tool to use, that has a time and place.

Thanks MrWisecracka, up there. ;)

I like this effect a lot. It seems to follow the shape of the face and hair instead of defining the shape. I dont suppose Topaz is available for the Mac.

I really like the effect. If it were just kept plain, then viewers would see it as another picture. The textures you used drew my attention and made me take the time to notice the features and emotion in her face.

The effect needs more work in my opinion. As it stands it looks like you just put the effect on and said "done!"

Try masking out the background, softening some areas of the effects (like the highlights) and probably softening it in the hair a bit. This will make it look as if it were actually a part of the person, rather than an effect put on top of it.

I like what you're doing with this, just some fine tuning and it'll be on its way as a very strong piece.

Very cool! I would love to see more shots like this.

I love the artistic part of editing. I like how you can take a soc picture and turn it into something different and unique.

I very much like the effect, and I like the photo you choose to use it on.

I do, however, agree with shmne. If you were to soften this affect in certain areas of the photo, it would make it all that more dramatic. This is, of course, just an opinion. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Shmne for giving me something to think about. I gave it a shot. First, I couldn't remember all the steps I took to get the end result, so this edit was coming out fairly different. It was more work than just applying an effect randomly. Anyways...your ideas lead me to trying a slighty desaturated image, and I tried softening some of the highlights. I kinda like it, kinda. But I did some other things making this one harsher, and hopefully more dramatic. Messin with the hair really was difficult and it looked out of place, so I left the hair as it is.

Whaddya think now? (hosted on Photobucket this time, so...)

IMG_0539-Edit-2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back