Dance Floor

Peateater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I like this spider pic, I'm just not sure wether I should crop it. Thoughts anyone?

spidey1.jpg

Peter

I think I'd still crop out the bright white blob above the head and maybe a smidge off the bottom, then it would be back in landscape orientation as well. Other than that pretty nice :)

I think you shouldn'tcrop, because the area around the spider is important due to the photograph. The area around the spider is its environment, so I think you should keep. Also, I like the idea that the environment is blurring and the spider is clear with details. Here a thought, may be the spider clear a little bit more and add radial blur effect (optional). Nice shot by the way.

I agree with phat. Although it is somewhat offensive to the eyes. Cropping takes away from the spiders work. I think it looks great. Almost a stained glass blurring background. It compliments the spider. Terrific under light on the spiders body. If you really feel crop happy and have to do something, I would only take a tiny fraction of the bottom off. Maybe just right below the start of the web

phat1985 said:
I think you shouldn'tcrop, because the area around the spider is important due to the photograph. The area around the spider is its environment, so I think you should keep. Also, I like the idea that the environment is blurring and the spider is clear with details. Here a thought, may be the spider clear a little bit more and add radial blur effect (optional). Nice shot by the way.

But there are many areas that are way overexposed...blown completely out...with the crop that detracts from those blown areas. Even though the web does add atmosphere you can't hardly look at the shot for long b/c of these overexposed areas....

eromallagadnama said:
But there are many areas that are way overexposed...blown completely out...with the crop that detracts from those blown areas. Even though the web does add atmosphere you can't hardly look at the shot for long b/c of these overexposed areas....

i agree that its distracting. if its a digital image then i would suggest you photoshop it. the background is so blurry it would be a snap.

Most reactions

Back