a05.jpg

a07.jpg

a08.jpg

a09.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

a14.jpg

These are cool, sometimes a little difficult to make the subject stand out against the background though.

They load only very, very slowly for me.

But the first word that springs to mind is "ethereal", and I wonder if that really is a word that applies? But I can only think this one word! She's quite "into" the background, but I am sure this was exactly what you wanted.

They're still not fully loaded, even though I've already typed all this here, but it seems like Photo 2 will stay my favourite, anyway. Totally unrivalled by any other, I might add. I find that she perfectly fills the frame of Photo 2, the bow of the extra long, flowing sleeves fits right into it with equal space to the left and the right, she looks slightly to the right, so her lefthand position is perfect ... let's see if all of them have meanwhile loaded ...

They have, :cheer: - and Photo 2 stays my absolute favourite of the entire series, with a runner-up now, which is Photo 6 (and it would be easier if you had put numbers to your photos, would save the viewer from counting and recounting them in order to say which one they like best or least etc).

Very interesting photography!
What brings you to photographing dancers?

And why do you put the word "Dance" into question marks in the title?

As Corinna says, #2 and #6 are the stand-out shots - the compositions are incredibly powerful. I'd be interested to know how these were set up, not that I'm ever likely to get a chance at doing something like this.

Someone should be sticking a POTM nomination on one of these - I've run out (again). Best month's photography for a while I think.

Good idea, Chris. Will do for 2. I keep forgetting about the chance to nominate! :oops:

Oh and it's not a ? on my screen. It's something that looks like some sort of angled brackets. Think you maybe don't have a font on your computer or something.

Ah. All right then.

These are gorgeous. I can't believe they haven't gotten more attention already.
I like the fact that the subject and the background are so similarly toned. LaFoto is right by saying ethereal, I think. Beautiful, work.
I would also love to know how these were set up.

Your musical slide shows evoked a great deal of emotion within me....

Truly outstanding.....

Thank you for sharing.

Amazingly good shots hard to choose the best but I'd say nr 2
:hail::hail::hail:
How on earth did you do that background??? :confused:

:alien:

I find this series very interesting and wanted to see more of your work so I searched your threads. You are a person of very few words. I would love to "hear" a little more about your work when you post (like that you were going for, if you want C&C or just ooohs and aaahs, etc). And dont erase photos! :p Sometimes it takes a little time to get comments on them.

:hail: THese are incredible!! Love the whole series. I'd say a touch more contrast to bring her out a little more from the background, but maybe not too. Thanks for sharing!!

Most reactions

Back