Dandelion field

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The dandelion "clocks" filling this field by the sea at Sunderland Point, Lancashire, looked like freshly fallen flakes of snow - an unusual sight in these days of herbicides and pressure on farm incomes.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoquoto.blogspot.com

Sunderland-Point-farm.jpg

Definitely better than my attempt to get too much into my photo here ! With my attempt to achieve too much I feel my composition went all wrong. Maybe I should try a conversion on mine. Black and white might save it!?

Great texture and great contrast! The exposure is fantastic.

Thanks for the comments Corinna and Sw1tchFX. The colour version was a touch boring - green, blue and white, but I had a feeling it might be better in monochrome.

Regards, Tony

The b/w treatment really works, IMO. The clouds are awesome, and love the composition. Another wonderful tb2 image!

Great shot, did you use a filter [polarizer]?

Yes it is a lovely scene :) I really like the composition and those clouds!

Thanks for the further comments Antarctican, miltphoto, Tangerini, and DRogers. No filter used on this one - just a slight underexposure to keep the cloud details, a PS B&W plugin with a digital red filter selected, then a touch of Curves to sort out the contrast to my taste.

Regards, Tony

I like your photography tb2 but I'll be honest with you, I find this rather too busy. My eyes don't know where to settle. I'm not so sure B & W works as well as it could here. Just my very humble opinion you understand :)

I know where you're coming from with that observation Mohain, and felt a bit that way myself. My shots, as you maybe know, tend towards the "reduced to essentials", so this is a bit of a departure for me. But, on this one I felt the "subject" was the fecund, lushness of spring, visible even in B&W!

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

New Topics

Back