Dandy-lions

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by Rachelsne, May 14, 2008.

1. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The second day after receiving my Canon 30d, i went out and took some pictures, not really knowing what I was doing, I was in AV mode-I was used to manual on my old S3IS so I had the basic concept of how stuff worked, it was just finding the controls, and seeing what was possible.

Now this picture to me is kind of cool, but also weird, I used my 50mm 1.8 @f1.8 shutter speed 1/3200, I cant remember how close I was, but it must have been close

I like this picture,and how the BG brokeh'd I think the plant could be a little bit sharper, but even with its faults its probably one of my favorite first shots. (larger image)

Any way just thought I would share, as I havent posted many pictures :)

[​IMG]

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I really like the colours, lighting and feel of this shot - its definatly worth it - One thing I have found though (and you have seen it in this shot) is that with macro depth of field is tricky - I would try going all the way up to f8 and possibly f11 for macro and see where it gets you - I find that settings like f4 (lowest I can go) just have too fine a depth of field to capture the whole plant

3. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

i like it too. :thumbup:

That one little seed/fluffy thing looks dead in focus