dangerous sky

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
Ok, I got the lenses (even though I had to wait for 'em!) Wednesday, and today was the first chance I've had to try them out.

This was on the way home today. Shot it with the *istD and a Tamron 28-75 XR Di lens. Shutter speed 1/500 @ f/9.0 & 75mm.

Tweaked a bit in PS to bring out the sun rays. It started pouring buckets just after this shot. I barely made it back into the car without getting soaked.

danger_sky01.jpg

Thanks guys. This is pretty good, but the whole sky was pretty funky. Behind me the sun was shining down through popcorn clouds. Kinda neat. :)

King? Clown Prince maybe. :lol:

Since you like that one, how 'bout this one?

turb_grey01.jpg

Same spot, just the wide angle end of the lens.

jeebus!!!

bug,

i need to come and visit your neck of the woods!!! thats unreal!

md

Very nice, over here in seattle I saw some of that storm too, pulled some pics off of the sunset, not sure if they came out or not. i'll make sure to post once i get them developed, very nice work jim! breath taking.

Trish- you mean my neck of the tall weeds. Ain't no woods 'round here man! Heck, come on out. We'll tell lies & shoot pics & whatever else feels good & isn't too illegal. :lol:

z- look forward to seeing them. Been trying to get a sunset for a couple of days now, but the cloud cover has been too heavy to get anything good.

sounds good bug!! i might have some time on my hands sooner or later...

md

Gorgeous - I love the energy that is in the air right before a good storm.

Very nice as usual, I like #2 just a little more that #1, think it glow or light in the clouds on left side

Most reactions

New Topics

Back