danielle

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
its the same picture, black and white and in color. as always c/c please!
and especially, how is the black and white conversion?

doodlebwxs6.jpg

doodlecolorei7.jpg

Hmmm... first off, the B&W? I'm afraid it doesn't really work for me. The main issue is that it lacks contrast, but that aside, I don't think is a picture ideally suited for conversion. As far as the original goes, I'd like to see just a little more of her head; as it is, at a quick glance it looks rather like she has a large bald spot... also, the focus seems to fall off, and the chin seems a bit soft. I like her expression, and the perspective is good as well.

Think tirediron has got it spot on - i too like her expression, skin tones and eye colour.. it needs to be colour i think, but yeah, just a shame about the top of the head being cut off but nonetheless i like it and i'd be fairly happy with it.

:thumbsup:

check your email Beth

The black and white conversion loses the color, which makes it bad... I like the color one.

The black and white conversion loses the color, which makes it bad... I like the color one.

If black and white didn't lose color.. well, wouldn't it be in color? :confused:

The color version is definitly superior. I'd play with curves to give it the boost it needs.

Im not sure this picture is doing her justice. She has really nice eyes, but the pose is making her cheeks crease. I think a smile showing some pearly whites would be more flatering for her, but thats just my opinion.

Well I amjust a noob, but I look at all the C/C's to learn.

I like the color, however I think you were focusing on the forehead and not the eyes, that is why the forehead was clear and mouth/chin a bit blurry.
That or you needed a wider DOF?

Hmmm... first off, the B&W? I'm afraid it doesn't really work for me. The main issue is that it lacks contrast, but that aside, I don't think is a picture ideally suited for conversion. As far as the original goes, I'd like to see just a little more of her head; as it is, at a quick glance it looks rather like she has a large bald spot... also, the focus seems to fall off, and the chin seems a bit soft. I like her expression, and the perspective is good as well.
thanks for the detailed response.

Think tirediron has got it spot on - i too like her expression, skin tones and eye colour.. it needs to be colour i think, but yeah, just a shame about the top of the head being cut off but nonetheless i like it and i'd be fairly happy with it.
yes, im pleased with it. thanks for the feedback!

:thumbsup:

check your email Beth
you and me...we are the only ones...thanks andy!

Hey Beth, colour definitely works better, nice expression, kinda like a cheeky smirk!
thank you kindly!

thanks!

If black and white didn't lose color.. well, wouldn't it be in color? :confused:

The color version is definitly superior. I'd play with curves to give it the boost it needs.
lol, thanks.

Im not sure this picture is doing her justice. She has really nice eyes, but the pose is making her cheeks crease. I think a smile showing some pearly whites would be more flattering for her, but thats just my opinion.
thanks for the feedback!

Well I amjust a noob, but I look at all the C/C's to learn.

I like the color, however I think you were focusing on the forehead and not the eyes, that is why the forehead was clear and mouth/chin a bit blurry.
That or you needed a wider DOF?
being a noob or otherwise, i appreciate the feedback. thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back