darfion

haha

id love a dollar for the number of times ive explained what a pommie is to north americans...

pommie/pom= aussie for english person

I've never heard of that one, Manda! What do you suppose that's a derivative of? "pommie", surely that's been watered down from some actual term that was applied to English folk by Aussies that meant something.... hmmm.....

'scuse me for wondering, but I like to investigate words and slang and stuff..... :blulsh2:

manda said:
will never be king of threads

why?

well....hes a pommie for one!

Hi Manda,
Do you realise, that to a Yank, you've just accused him of being poorly dressed?

manda said:
haha
well that too
thread starter chasers strike me as being fashioningly challenged.

Hmmmm......an Australian word huh?

Hi manda. I used to live in Aussie Land many years ago, and, I still use the words Ta [sp] and rubbish. My first day at school in Exmouth, a kid named Bumper Shanks asked me if I had a rubber [eraser]. I was so insulted i nearly punched him. Later, after school we went to the Fish & Chip's shop for a lemonade and some guy asked me for a fag. My first few days there were rough and I didn't make many new friends. After a while however, the locals began to introduce me with the tag line, "she's a yank but she's alright!"

Most reactions

Back