..:: Dark Alley ::..

Mersad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mersad-photography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This photo was taken in Trogir (Croatia) during our summer vacation. The old part of the town is composed of long narrow alleys like this one.

You can get lost very quickly when no one is around!

emptystreetdm1.jpg

Very moody. I wish there were a bit deeper blacks though, even if it meant losing detail, because the big draw to this shot is its mystery. The colors are nice too, but I am curious as to what it'd look like in black and white.

Regardless, this is a very nice shot, and it's well-composed. Good work!

Very moody. I wish there were a bit deeper blacks though, even if it meant losing detail, because the big draw to this shot is its mystery. The colors are nice too, but I am curious as to what it'd look like in black and white.

Regardless, this is a very nice shot, and it's well-composed. Good work!

Thank you! I didn't want to lose any detail, maybe because I was taken away by the moodiness of it. I can repost it in B/W and try to do the "deeper blacks". You are welcome to do it yourself if you have a vision.

I like it alot :)

I would have gone more for not losing so much of the bright lamp, and having the deepest shades a tad darker.

I think colour gives it a summer mood, so I would keep it in colour. But it might as well do a very good B&W image.

Trogir you say? I might have been there a very long time ago! When I was very young.

yep very nice shot, love the mood (colour for me too) :thumbup:

I did an edit, since you said it was okay. But if you want me to take it down, then I will be more than happy to do that for you.

emptystreet2mk7.jpg

I just wanted to see a moodier take on it. Thoughts?

I agree that the color versions is best. All I could think is to up some contrast or something a bit to really bring out the texture of the old walls.

Nice shot, me likes :)

i prefer the old one it's classic..and it's scary..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back