Dark room shots, handgun and PS3 controller - C&C

Much better! And sweet gun! In what capacity do you carry a gun daily?
As a private citizen with a Indiana State Concealed Weapons permit. They're quite common in my State, and 38 other States as well.

Here's a 9mm Springfield XDm pistol I just shot some pics of.

I did pick up some white cloth too for black pistols. Right now I'm going through the safe looking for stainless pistols for pics. :)

XDm-9mm.jpg

I really like this one.

XDm-9mm_3.jpg

good job on the pics.. last one is a little bit dark... sorry for the political stuff, wasnt my intenstion at all, was just curious as a person for a place that doesnt see people with guns

good job on the pics.. last one is a little bit dark... sorry for the political stuff, wasnt my intenstion at all, was just curious as a person for a place that doesnt see people with guns

That's political....

As a private citizen with a Indiana State Concealed Weapons permit. They're quite common in my State, and 38 other States as well.

I have a CCW, as well, but was just wondering if you were a cop or something.. You have some SWEET guns, my man! And the pics are MUCH better with the light box...

What would be even sweeter is some center-mass shots on a target in the background instead of a virgin target.. Just some food for thought...

i gotta say... your pics do look a whole lot better with the lightbox.

that looks like an easy project to make.... i might try to make one and try my luck with it..... what would u call it?... product photography?.... but anyways, i mainly shoot nature and wildlife.

Last edited:
What would be even sweeter is some center-mass shots on a target in the background instead of a virgin target.. Just some food for thought...
Look again, there are holes in that target... lots of them but on top of each other. :)

Oh, damn... Sweet-all in the black.... Those count...

Very nice pictures Tharmsen, nice pistols as well. I tend toward the old school euro stuff my self but that is what I was brought up on. Your making me think about digging out the FN Hi-Power. Thanks for the info on the light box, you gave me an idea on how to do one for rifles on the cheap. I'll be sure to post how I did it (if it works)

Very nice pictures Tharmsen, nice pistols as well. I tend toward the old school euro stuff my self but that is what I was brought up on. Your making me think about digging out the FN Hi-Power. Thanks for the info on the light box, you gave me an idea on how to do one for rifles on the cheap. I'll be sure to post how I did it (if it works)
Outstanding! Do share.

I bought some white laminated foam board ($1 per side) and used some white tape to hold it all together. That with a cheap shop light and I have my light box.

I'm thinking of making a much larger one for rifles too. Let me know how yours works out... with pics of course! :)

Here's a revolver I just shot. I think the wife is about ready to kick me out of the house, I've been playing with my camera about 10 hours straight now. :)

SW_686.jpg

Thanks guys! I think I can retire for the night.

If it weren't going to be 5 degrees all day tomorrow, I would head out and try to get some action shots. Oh well, maybe next weekend. :mrgreen:

Here's a revolver I just shot. I think the wife is about ready to kick me out of the house, I've been playing with my camera about 10 hours straight now. :)

SW_686.jpg

Hey man I'm jealous!! I have my cam for less than a week also and I'm far from taking those shuts!!..Congrats!

Could you post the setting and the lighting conditions for these shuts? I tried making some in a total dark room to a couple of golden pens over a black table and they all come with red tones. What white balance you used?..did you use flash?

Most reactions

Back