Dark room shots, handgun and PS3 controller - C&C

Hey man I'm jealous!! I have my cam for less than a week also and I'm far from taking those shuts!!..Congrats!

its all in the time you put into it.. as he said, he's been playing with his camera today for 10 hours straight... practice makes perfect.. my guess is, the first pics didnt turn out this good!

great job again man!

Nice shots...and freakin AWESOME 1911. 1911s in .45acp are my favorite guns above all (and Im a .22 person...). I gotta build me a light box as well and start taking pictures...

also I need to get my brother to use my camera sometime when its warmer and get some action shots of my Black Powder Revolver (1858 remington) that would make for some fun shots.

Did I mention how sweet that 1911 is? :D

Could you post the setting and the lighting conditions for these shuts? I tried making some in a total dark room to a couple of golden pens over a black table and they all come with red tones. What white balance you used?..did you use flash?
The lighting conditions can be seen in the first image posted in post #27 (Link to post #27). I'm using a light box and no flash.

The camera settings are:

Shooting Mode: AE
Tv: 1/25
Av: 4.0
ISO: 500
WB: Auto mode for this shot. I've also used the tungsten light mode with good success.

I have the camera on a tripod and I'm using the auto-timer on the shutter to give myself a couple second delay between pressing the shutter button and the actual firing. This is to let things settle to minimize any blurring.

:thumbup:

Amazing, I like the bullet arrangement on the revolver.
Thanks! I tried several different arrangements and just couldn't get it right, but the last one (pictured) seemed to be the best.

I tried it again this morning with an auto-pistol this time.

EAA_10mm.jpg

I think the high polish stainless of the revolver just makes it pop off the screen more.

I'm also getting too much shadow on the left side. I'm going to head over to the hardware store to pick up another light today so I can add another source from the left to get rid of those pesky shadows.

I admire your diligence, willingness and ability to learn!

Now take your wife out for a nice dinner! :)

I admire your diligence, willingness and ability to learn!

Now take your wife out for a nice dinner! :)
I am! We're going to a friends new restaurant (grand opening) tonight.

She's been quite supportive. She agreed to let me get the camera because she wanted me to take tons of high quality pictures of our new son. She understands what I'm doing right now is learning the ropes and she's enjoying it as much as I am. :)

Damn, tharmsen, you have some sweet heaters! What the total count, including rifles, if any? I'm at three with my pistolas, but I'm broke now, so any money I get will go toward a new lens..

Your light box seems to be working out perfectly.

Damn, tharmsen, you have some sweet heaters! What the total count, including rifles, if any? I'm at three with my pistolas, but I'm broke now, so any money I get will go toward a new lens..

Your light box seems to be working out perfectly.
Honestly, I haven't counted in a while. I've been collecting firearms for about 20 years so they tend to accumulate. :) I have both handguns and rifles with some shotguns thrown into the mix.

AK_TRP_1.jpg

This is one of my favorites. I use a stainless steel TRP in competition (IDPA). I hope to get some great action shots this summer from IDPA matches.

So, the question is... notice how the round closest to the camera is out of focus. Will changing my aperture setting help to bring it into focus?

Yea, try zooming out and increasing the aperture

AK_TRP_2.jpg

Zoomed out all the way, increased the aperture to 10 for this shot.

Here's a US M9 service pistol. I changed up the background.

M9_2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back