Dark Spot

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by imperfection perfected, Jun 1, 2007.

1. imperfection perfected

imperfection perfected TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi everyone!

This is my first thread, so be gentle! :) On Monday, I purchased a Nikon D80 after months of researching the perfect camera for me. Well, I got it home and after taking several photos with it, I noticed a dark spot that is on all my photos. I was hoping someone could tell me what it is and if I should try and exchange the camera before I run out of time. Here are some pics showing the spot. Thanks for any advice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MikeR

MikeR TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It is dust on the sensor. This happens when you change lens and is somewaht common. Your manual should tell you how to clean it. DO NOT touch the sensor.

3. Jestev

Jestev TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, that's dust on the sensor. I have a really dusty sensor, but am too lazy to actually fix it. I just clone it out of my photos because I don't want to damage my camera.

4. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You need to buy something called a rocket blower. Giottos makes them. That's what I use to clean my sensor, they're only about $10 and it's the best $10 you'll ever spend for your camera.

5. imperfection perfected

imperfection perfected TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I will definatly go get a Rocket Blower. Thank you everyone for your replies! I feel much better knowing that its just dust!