Dark view finder on Mamiya RZ67

I noticed on the full body shots my focus was slightly off compared to the closer ones. Oh well, now I know better for the future

Wondering if you might be mistaking DOF issues for off the mark focus? Certainly no focus issues above but do check out how quickly her dress goes OOF around the hip.

I think I missed my focus on the full body shots with being further away, not as much light/visibility. When I get home Ill pull some 100% crops from them. I know that they wont seem as sharp because of the relative size of the subject to the grain in the film but its still softer than it should have been. At least I would think

I think I missed my focus on the full body shots with being further away, not as much light/visibility. When I get home Ill pull some 100% crops from them. I know that they wont seem as sharp because of the relative size of the subject to the grain in the film but its still softer than it should have been. At least I would think

I found precise focus on my RB67 Pro S easier with the WLF and its flip-up magnifier.My prism finder requires more fiddling to nail focus, especially in lower light.

Im kind of surprised. I would have thought it was the other way around. Once this new job starts paying out, Im gonna get a few things for the RZ :D

Or you could use a LF trick and use a laser pointer held in your off hand and focus in on the dot.

You shouldn't use it near anyone's eyes of course but if they can hold fairly still you can approximate another spot on their body that is at the same depth and use that.

I couldn't figure out why my scanner wasn't scanning black and white film so I went to the local camera shop and they took care of. The bill reminded me why I bought a scanner in the first place. But anyway it worked. I am happy with a couple photos from the roll. The Ilford Pan F Plus is a nice film. It looks like I got my focus right as well from what I could tell. I just started a new job so I have been busy with that rather than editing but this morning I got around to one of the photos:

Untitled
by Shutter_Inc., on Flickr

Lovely! Nicely done.

ok so Im sure photo bucket destroys the quality a bit but here is a 100% crop (or damn near it) of a full body shot. This is how most look

this is one of the full body shots where my focus was darn close or got it

and this is from a head shot

scanned at 1200 DPI

Lots of issues: How close, what f-stop in each shot, dependable camera support?

Get that WLF with a magnifier. Hard lesson I learned with Mamiya RB/RZ67 was f/8-f/11 where I thought f/5.6 would do. A quick look at the DOF charts for Mamiya lenses sobered me up quick.

Not sure how far away I was. Probably 10-15 feet, shooting at 5.6 by hand. That was probably my issues was the 5.6 by hand.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back