darkness issues

cpelsy2k1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All,

I was out shooting yesterday and the sky was simply amazing. However as it only takes a couple shots of just the sky to get bored with i decided to put the sky as a backdrop with some buildings. I got two shots. In the first one here the building is bright enough but the sky is way to bright:

101920050862hs.jpg

1/90 sec, F 8.0

However, in this shot the sky is about how it should be but now the stadium is too dark:

101920050874yc.jpg

1/350 sec, F 5.0

any tips on how i could get both the stadium and the sky to be the right colors? thanks!

In a situation like this, your best bet would probably be using a graduated neutral density filter. It will darken the upper half of the frame (in this case) and gradually lighten up towards the bottom. They work great in situations when the sky gets blown out.

Just wondering if you were using your camera on an *auto* setting? The same shot, but you have two shutter speeds that are very far apart. If it wasn't on auto, did you meter in the same spot for both pictures? Or was metered on the sky, and the other on the building?

hello Johnboy,

the following is a cut from the guidelines:

5. OTE: (Okay To Edit) Whilst some folks won't mind if you repost a corrected or edited version of their photograph, others will.
(If you do not mind if your images are edited, please put OTE somewhere in the post where it can be seen.)
Do not edit or modify images unless OTE appears in a post or in the posters signature.
Criticizing an image does not automatically give you the right to alter it.

please secure permission before editing and reposting someone's work.

thanks man!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back