Darwin Awards

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

http://www.darwinawards.com/
    Most of you will know about this site, but I thought I'd let the others know.
    Two of my favourites (even if they probably aren't true).

• Unfortunate Husband II
      1997 Urban Legend

This guy pushed his motorcycle from the patio into his living room, where he began to clean the engine with some rags and a bowl of gasoline, all in the comfort of his own home. When he finished, he sat on the motorcycle and decided to give his bike a quick start and make sure everything was still OK. Unfortunately, the bike started in gear, and crashed through the glass patio door with him still clinging to the handlebars.

His wife had been working in the kitchen. She came running at the fearful sound, and found him crumpled on the patio, badly cut from the shards of broken glass. She called 911, and the paramedics carried the unfortunate man to the Emergency Room.

Later that afternoon, after many stitches had pulled her husband back together, the wife brought him home and put him to bed. She cleaned up the mess in the living room, and dumped the bowl of gasoline in the toilet.

Shortly thereafter, her husband woke up, lit a cigarette, and went into the bathroom for a much-needed relief break. He sat down and tossed the cigarette into the toilet, which promptly exploded because the wife had not flushed the gasoline away. The explosion blew the man through the bathroom door.

The wife heard a loud explosion and the terrible sound of her husband's screams. She ran into the hall and found her husband lying on the floor with his trousers blown away and burns on his buttocks. The wife again ran to the phone and called for an ambulance.

The same two paramedics were dispatched to the scene. They loaded the husband on the stretcher and began carrying him to the street. One of them asked the wife how the injury had occurred. When she told them, they began laughing so hard that they dropped the stretcher, and broke the guy's collarbone.
    http://darwinawards.com/legends/legends1998-14.html

• Gerbil Rocket
      1998 Urban Legend
      (1997 - 1998) "In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to save the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told the bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski and his homosexual partner, Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.

"I pushed a cardboard toilet paper tube up his rectum and slipped Ragout, our gerbil, in," he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out 'Armageddon,' my cue that he'd had reached nirvana, so to speak. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he simply would not come out, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman desribed what happened next.

"The match ignited a pocket of intestinal methane gas in Kiki's colon. Flames shot out the tube, ignited Mr. Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers, causing it to scurry further up Kiki's colon, which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out of the cardboard tube like a cannonball."

Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.

Sadly, Ragout the gerbil did not survive the incident.
    http://darwinawards.com/legends/legends1998-10.html

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    That second one...is...disgusting!

3. 2Stupid2Duck

2Stupid2Duck TPF Noob!

LMAO. I saw that as a newpaper article - the local Sheriff said "Serves them right, goddamit."

LMAO.

4. Scurra

Scurra TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    rofl thats sick and yet very very funny

5. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

i agree, that's just messed up!!!

but that first one.... that's what i call bad luck :LOL:

6. aggiezach

aggiezach Yup...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    GROSS! but funny!

Zach :D

7. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!

Reminds me of the South Park episode with Lemmiwinks. A true classic! :)

8. aggiezach

aggiezach Yup...

Photos NOT OK to edit

That was a funny episode!!! Saw it for the first time about a month ago!

:lmao:

Zach :D

9. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh my god. These are real stories :shock:

10. bitterillusions

bitterillusions TPF Noob!

I love thoughs! Someday though, I fear, I might be on them... I do the dumbest stuff sometimes >.<

11. mad_malteaser

mad_malteaser TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah yes, the Darwin awards. A place I like to frequent whenever I fancy a laugh.

But that gerbil one's an Urban Legend, isn't it?