DaSilva

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I throwing this one out to the sharks. Let me know what you think. I noticed it looked darker after I uploaded it than it looked in photoshop. The soft focus effect seems to be lost in the smaller size as well

Eric

dasilva.jpg

I like it, but yes, it is a little dark. Little bit brighter would work, and maybe a black border with your name and info in that instead of the picture itself I think would look better. :)

How did you get a photo of me with my shirt off? ;)

I'm not really fond of pictures of bodybuilders but this is a really good photo. It seems to break the rules as far as cropping but I think it works because it emphasizes his size.

:scratch: ... I thought it was MD - my mistake...

no complaints here - though I like the border suggestion.

Tammy said:
:scratch: ... I thought it was MD - my mistake...

no complaints here - though I like the border suggestion.

yeah thats a little small for me though.... :lol:

i like the idea of black and white here, it almost accentuates the muscles and deletes the skin tones all together. great work!

md

I should have said how this photo was taken. This is a brother-in-law of a girl I work with. She is a very good photographer but has no confidence, like most of us. She has a F-100 and I borrowed a Digital Rebel from work so she could view the exposure and lighting. I wanted to experiment with digital. I have a portable backdrop and use Nikon SB-80 flashs bounced into unbrellas. I used a single flash on this photo and shot it with the Digital Rebel. This was before I bought a D-70 and one of my first ventures into digital photography.

I love digital except for the occassional burn out on the highlites. The instant gratifiaction, adjusting in photoshop and almost unlimited shooting has brought a certain joy to photography I have never experienced. Instead of weighing each shot and the cost of shooting I just bang away as many frames as I like.

I see a lot of people talk about cameras and equipment and I don't care what you use just the final product. I read one post how a guy could not afford a $3,000 digital camera and I thought he just doesn't get it. Its not about the gear but about the shot, all you need is a sharp lens.

Eric

PS. I'm on my fourth beer and it has been a long week in Minilab support.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back