Well if you do intend on approaching her about the smoking thing approach with extreme caution. As a smoker I know from experience how much judgemental crap we put up with on a daily basis. It's kind of a sore subject for most of us at this point.

So I'd advise extreme caution at best, frankly I wouldn't bring it up at all unless at some point she lights up in front of you. Even then I'd be very, very careful how you handle it.

Not personally attacking BUT a coworker was recently verbally attacked when he asked a smoker to move away from him while he was working (he couldn't leave his station, the smoker easily could) - most likely he was sore from people giving him judgemental crap, as you put it...

As a former smoker and now free from that crap for 15 years or so....screw smokers who are tired of judgemental crap....there's a reason, it's UNHEALTHY and we want NO PART of it! So go smoke where it won't bother others and all is cool ;)

If she smokes and didn't while you were out all that time then she's either very strong willed or not a habitual smoker.

Where's the pics???

I'm not going to have to explain sarcasm and humor to YOU of all people, am I?? ;)

Depends. Do you have a chart?
Let's not forget the twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles
and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one was to be used as evidence against us.

Not personally attacking BUT a coworker was recently verbally attacked when he asked a smoker to move away from him while he was working (he couldn't leave his station, the smoker easily could) - most likely he was sore from people giving him judgemental crap, as you put it...

As a former smoker and now free from that crap for 15 years or so....screw smokers who are tired of judgemental crap....there's a reason, it's UNHEALTHY and we want NO PART of it! So go smoke where it won't bother others and all is cool ;)

I don't smoke around others who don't smoke, I smoke in designated smoking areas or in my car. If someone asks me not to smoke around them, I don't.

Just because someone else who is a smoker was inconsiderate doesn't mean that all of us who smoke are inconsiderate.

As for the rest, well I'll make a deal with everyone who doesn't smoke and are so concerned about my second hand smoke. Every single one of you sell your vehicles and never drive anywhere ever again. No buses, no trains, nothing that uses an internal combustion engine of any form. You walk or bike ride everywhere you go.

When every person who has complained about second hand smoke does that, I'll give up smoking. Personally I think that's quite fair, seeing as how those vehicles put a heck of a lot more pollutants in the air in a matter of minutes than I did last year smoking.

I had the occasion to help a lady friend of mine recently.

She had run down and down and down, and had at last reached a point where medicines no longer had any helpful effect upon her. I said I knew I could put her upon her feet in a week. It brightened her up, it filled her with hope, and she said she would do everything I told her to do. So I said she must stop swearing and drinking, and smoking and eating for a week, and then she would be all right again.

And it would have happened just so, I know it; but she said she could not stop swearing, and smoking and drinking, because she had never done those things. So there you have it. She had neglected her habits. She was a sinking ship, with no freight to throw overboard.

Why, even one or two little bad habits could have saved her, but she was just a moral pauper.

Just because someone else who is a smoker was inconsiderate doesn't mean that all of us who smoke are inconsiderate.

No, I'm well aware, most smokers are polite and thoughtful...there are a few shitheads who aren't. :D Like i said, that wasn't about you but it's usually those that are feeling judged that are those deserving of being so.

No, I'm well aware, most smokers are polite and thoughtful...there are a few shitheads who aren't. :D Like i said, that wasn't about you but it's usually those that are feeling judged that are those deserving of being so.
I don't accept judgments of others when it comes to how I choose to live my life. Their has been only one man who ever earned that right and he passed away a few years ago.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Oh come now, whats life with out a little judgmentalism among friends. :biggrin-new:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back