Dating and identifying cameras

Hi guys can any one help me identify this camera. It was a present many years ago from a family member but was put away an only just found it

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo-19.jpg

Sorry for the bad photos, My DSLR is currently being borrowed so only have iPhone tim

For Kodak fans-

C A M E R O S I T Y translates to 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0

Many Kodak lenses and products had a two letter code in the Serial Number, which translates to the year of manufacture.

So the "EO" code on the4.7cm f2 Ektar lens of my Kodak Retina II translates to "46", 1946. I suspect the German lens makers did not recover as fast as the factory making the bodies.

Hello, all! Not so long ago I bought the camera for restoration, the Lens most possibly not * native *, I so didn't manage to define model, I will be grateful for the help
I from Ukraine so don't pay attention to difficulties of transfer :cheers:
$DSC01572.JPG$DSC01573.JPG$DSC01574.JPG$DSC01576.JPG$DSC01577.JPG$DSC01578.JPG$DSC01579.JPG

Attachments

• $DSC01571.JPG
    $DSC01571.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 321
tell me please who is the manufacturer of my camera ??

You are right ... the f=105mm lens does not seem to fit with the F=135mm printed on the distance scale.

I am not sure who made the body. Is there any other markings ?

no other markings, format 9x12 camera has a wooden frame

Hello, can you guys help me to find out the model and date of this camera, it looks like Icarette, but it was made by Zeiss Ikon, I guess after they purchased ICA, so I am confused. It also has one more wheel.. And according to the internet Zeiss never had a factory in Leipzig??

8403348256_fa355e89d9_c.jpg

8402261713_b452faf1df_c.jpg

8403456334_0873b7c30b_c.jpg

^ Nice photos of the shutter but some photos of the camera would be helpful.

I thought serial number and details were more important =) It looks (almost) the same as the one on the wiki page. But here you go:

IMG_9925_zpsc4bf8c17.jpg

IMG_9927_zpsd59db448.jpg

IMG_9928_zps6cca30e9.jpg

IMG_9930_zpsc841328b.jpg

(sorry for shallow focus, I just saw it later)

Yes, it appears to be an Icarette though most had "Icarette" on them. They were made both before and after Ica was purchased by Zeiss in the mid 1920s. So this one would be late 20s-30s since it has the Zeiss logos.

The plate with "Leipzig" on it is just added later by the retailer.

Hi All,

I am new here so I hope I am posting in the right place.

I have an old camera that I would like some help in identifying . It came to us from my husbands father, he had it in the second world war in Germany and that's all we know. We can't ask him for any more info as he has sadly passed on.
We want to pass it on to our Son for his birthday and would like to have some more info to go along with it.

$Close up of lense.jpg$Side View.jpg$Side view 2.jpg$Back view.jpg$Front view.jpg

Around the lens Periskop 1:11 85mm Orionwerk Hannover

I can't find a serial number and I can't see how or where you put in the film.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back