Dating

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was thinking this might be fun...or entertaining at least, so I've made up some questions about dating etc...all you have to do is answer :mrgreen:

-What's the worst date you've ever had?
-What's the best date you've ever had?
-What age were you allowed to start dating?
-Would you or have you ever kissed on the first date? (keepin it PG folks ;) )
-What's the cheapest and then the most expensive date you've ever had?
-Would you ever date someone off the internet?
-Where and what was the most romantic date you've been on?
-Is dating over rated?
-What is todays date :lol: Okay time for sleep after that one...

1. heheh well... I dunno if I can call it "a date" but every year, on the 1st Nov. people gather on cementaries. And the cementary here in Szczecin is the third bigest in Europe. It is so wonderful at night on 1 Nov. because there are milions of lights and candles. I do wanted to go there with my very very close friend -Lukasz. but he was busy and wrote that he cannot go there with me today. And by an accident, my ex-boyfriednd send me an sms if I wanna go. I agreed. And when I got on place, I got another sms, from my Lukasz that he did what he had to do, and he will be at the main entrance in 2minutes. So finally I met with my ex-bf and Lukasz... it was a very silent walk - they do not like each other, and hehe I tried to chat with both of them :p but finally it was a disaster and we were walking silently for 3 hours... btw. now I dunno why one of them just didn't left... or maybe I should have?

2. it was with Lukasz - finally we were together for some time. Firstly we went ice-skating. And he was a total begginer :) it was fun. and then he invited me to a cafe, we ate huuuuge icecreams, and then we went to his home and spend really nice evening ... repairing his comp :) but it was really great :) no metter what you do but how you feel :D

3. hmm I don't think my parents ever mentioned that. I had my first "serious" bf when I was ... hmm ... 16 :) and I think it is a normal age :)

4. HA. That's difficult to answer... :) maybe... and no, I haven't yet kissed anybody on a first date :) but maybe somewhen... I need to meet a guy first :)

5. Cheapest - heh we ate chips for more less 1$ coz we spend everything a day before on shopping and my wallet, as well as his was completely empty :p The most expensive... I dunno... I didn't pay :p

6. A few weeks ago I was asked this question and of course I said NO! But then I met guys from tpf, and, actually, we met off the internet and they are really really nice... but... huh.. that's weird now :p

7. we drove by the seaside! and he didn't tell me before, where we were going. and it is 1,5 h. from here to get by the seaside

8. what does it mean? Is it old-fashioned? NO

9. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'll kill yah :p

1. What's the worst date you've ever had?
Going to my Gr 10 formal with my best friends ex-boyfriend. She kept glaring at me the whole night. But then the guy played a song on the piano for me, oh my god it was awesome. But the night was a complete disaster otherwise. Just think bitchy high school girls and you've got the story.

2. What's the best date you've ever had?
Every single date with Adrian. Although we're not really dating as such anymore coz we are now just your average long term relationship. But best date would have to be a trip to the beach with a blanket and a pack of pancake mix and m&ms. We cooked them on the bbq and lay on the sand all morning. It was perfect. :lovey:

3. What age were you allowed to start dating?
Umm, never really had a set date. But my first 'real' boyfriend was that one in grade 10, so 15, he was 17. Ohh waa. shock horror.

4. Would you or have you ever kissed on the first date?
Yeah I've kissed on the first date with quite a few of my high school boyfriends. But with Adrian, it was a few weeks before I kissed him, mainly because of hardly going out with each other, but also coz I liked him so much. Hahaha I did sleep with him though on the very first night I met him! :blushing: no no no not that sort of 'sleeping with', but we did literally sleep in the same bed first night we met each other. Ahhh. :lovey: He was giving me a massage while we were both lying on the bed and we both fell asleep. He's a sneaky boy.

5. What's the cheapest and then the most expensive date you've ever had?
Cheapest - a walk along the esplanade.
Most Expensive - Everytime I go out with Age now is expensive! Once you include the flights! :lol:

6. Would you ever date someone off the internet?
You know, I've always said no I would never do this. But I've never spoken to anyone on the net who lives in the same city as me. But if I were looking for someone and I did happen to meet someone where it was possible then yeah I think I would, maybe. :blushing:

7. Where and what was the most romantic date you've been on?
One of the first nights I met age, we were on Magnetic Island, and we were sitting on the beach around midnight or later and he was playing guitar and I was just sitting right next to him watching a meteor shower. Ahhhh :lovey:

8 Is dating over rated?
NO!!! :shock:

-What is todays date Okay time for sleep after that one...
hehe I read that too fast and thought you were asking us when's the time to sleep with someone. :lol:

mentos said:
6. A few weeks ago I was asked this question and of course I said NO! But then I met guys from tpf, and, actually, we met off the internet and they are really really nice... but... huh.. that's weird now :p
Ohhhh Mentos has got the hots for one of you guys!! Wooo Hoooo! :lovey:

I'd have to say the time I showed up two hours late, because of my obvious lateness I then became completely quiet and shutoff. Was totally uncomfortable. What's worse is that it was with this girl I had been pining over for months in secret. I finally got the balls to talk with her, and she was actually RECEPTIVE. Then I screw up the first date. We're actually really really good friends now though.
I haven't had it yet. Although some have ended well. If you know what I mean.
As soon as I actually got a date?
Yes, but I'm a whore.
Cheapest? I don't know? Most expensive? I think I spent $100 one night on diner and drinks.
I think the last 10 people were people I met through the internet. Or friends of people i've met through the internet.
Can't say romance has been part of many dates i've been on lately. There was this one girl that I took out that I really liked, and everything went perfectly. Unfortunatly she was seeing someone. So ...not really romantic. Meh. I don't even believe in that shiz anymore. The girls I date aren't even worth it.
-Is dating over rated?
I hate dating. I would rather an agreement of convenience. Let what ever feelings happen, happen over the coarse of the agreement. I'm a wanderer with no faith in real relationships though. I do however believe in real, breath taking, love, I just don't think anyone else does.

Meysha said:
Ohhhh Mentos has got the hots for one of you guys!! Wooo Hoooo! :lovey:

no no no!
I meant that meeting ppl from the net sometimes is ok. But you never know who you can meet

Worst Date
A friend set me up with his girlfriends friend so we could all go do something. I meet up with all of them only to find that me and the girl hate each other all ready. So we go anyway to dinner and a movie but all we did is fight and b*tch over everything for the sake of it. The only good thing is I got to watch a good movie knowing she didn't want to see it.

Best Date

My fiance and I went on or first date to the park by a lake around sunset and did a picnic, then a walk around the lake and then we just layed under the blankets listening to music and talking. We also got our first dance in that night to Kenny Chesney's "Anything But Mine". Know we have our song and a wonderful night to remember

What age
I never had a set rule but didn't date date until highschool

Kissin on the first date
No, I would rather get to know the person without all the pressure of kissing being involved

Money
Cheapest would be just going for a walk at one of the nature reserves or park. The most expansive would have to be I toke a date to the resturant where the the top spends around in downtown so you see the whole cityscape. The food was good but it cost me like $100 and that was no drinks "under age at the time".

internet
Maybe, haven't meet anyone I would date online. Other than some of you beautiful ladies from here. :mrgreen:

Dating Overrated
Sometimes... when you feel like your not getting anywhere it does. But everyonce in a while you meet someone who may not last but they show you or teach you something about yourself or life that changes you for the better. Then it is all worth it.

I was out with my Ex at a bar here in Newcastle, I was driving so naturally I wasn't drinking and we decided to head to a different club and when I was reversing the car out of the parking space I bumped into the car behind (thank god for Towbars :lol: ), the owner ran out and went ballistic at me. I felt bad for the rest of the night.

Mel (current g/f) works at a childcare centre and they were having their end of year christmas disco/party/thingy and I got asked to attend, anyway it was kinda bland to start with but the part where all the kids went home and the adults took over was the pick up point - we both danced and had a generally good time but the crowning moment was going outside into the still summer air and pashing in the middle of the bowling green under a star-filled cloudless sky....

None really I just started when I did. :)

We'd just got home from dining out (I got the tab), I got lead straight past her parents but i still had a few seconds for a passing G'day. :lol: I manage to settle on the nearest couch and before I could ask for a coffee she had me flat out on the couch and playing tonsil hockey! :mrgreen:

Cheap? Afternoon at Gloria Jeans. :)
Expensive? Does the Jewellery shop count?

A good mate of mine off a local forum introduced me to Mel so yes I 'in-directly' met my girlfriend over the net.

Romance? What's that?

-Is dating over rated?

Not really, but Romance is. :greenpbl:

I did have a long response all written out for this last night...but my internet f'd up, so I couldn't post it...I'll have to re-write when I get a chance...

Everydate with my ex

See 'most romantic date' below

No particular age

Erik and I kissed on our first 'just me and him' date. Our very first date was a group date with about 5 of us.

Dunno for cheapest..probably going hiking at Starved Rock State Park.

Most expensive...see most romantic (he doesn't know how to do cheap romantic, I guess...I'm trying to teach him!)

Once upon a time I would have said no, but that was before I realized you can make real true friends on the net. If I can make friends like you guys, anything can happen.

Last November Erik and I took a roadtrip to Philadelphia to see the Battleship New Jersey. The night we got there, we stayed at the Hyatt Hotel, right on the river (we could even see the battleship across the river from our room! It was the nicest place I'd ever stayed. After we got all checked in and stuff, we took a walk down on the pier to look at the boats all lit up, and to get a closer look at the battleship. We both took our cameras, too, and did some night photography...so I'll even show you some of the pictures! :)

Here is my handsome hunk of a boyfriend taking a picture of the battleship (this was handheld, so excuse the quality). He took several pics of the ship, and was able to get one good enough that he had it blown up to 16x20, and he matted and framed it...it's hanging in his living room now. :)

Erik2.jpg

And another of the same thing:

Erik.jpg

The Ben Franklin Bridge:

BenfranklinBridge.jpg

This is a HORRIBLE picture, but it's of us, so I love it!

MeandErik.jpg

After we walked the pier, we went back to the hotel room where we had Champaign and Chocolate covered strawberries. :) Mmmmm...

I've never felt more like a princess than I did that night. :)

-Is dating over rated?

Nope.

-What is todays date :lol:

Tis the second day of September in the year of two thousand and five.

Okay time for sleep after that one

Well, my response will be short, since i only went on one real date. So it was the cheapest and the most expensive at the same time. It was the best date i ever had and so i dont have a worse date. Which age i was allowed? havent got a clue, never asked, just did it. I was 18 at the time though. Wouldnt really call it romantic, went to see a movie. Then to a bar and then we took a walk..................and kissed. So i kissed on the first date.
Dating someone from the internet. Think i would, I made a trip to Canada a couple of years ago. Went to see a group of people i met on a reptile forum. So if i make trip to canada, i probably can date someone too.
Dating overrated? no, i just have to do it more often :p
Greetz Daan

Took girl out for a Thai meal, after I spent ages extolling the virtues of this particular restaraunt.. both of us were throwing up before we got back to her house.

Day out in London, £200 meal at OXO tower, ride in Millenium wheel, caught a show, then had a meal at a nice place in Soho and then until 2 a.m. at Ronnie Scott's Jazz club... I won't forget that day in a hurry.

Dunno, parents couldn't care less.

Yep

Dunno about cheapest. Had one short date with one woman and the next date was 4 days in Madrid (had my camera stolen on that trip but still had a good time)

Probably

Madrid

-Is dating over rated?
Always been fun for me (maybe not for my partners ;) but it's a quaint word that's not really used in the U.K. 'going out' with someone is about the closest version we have.

Finding that the lady had brought her pet rat with her to the restaurant. It suddenly appeared by climbing up over her shoulder - and immediately fell down her cleavage. She asked me to help remove it. When the waiter came over to find out why I had my hand down the front of the girls dress the attention of the other diners focussed on us. Which is when I pulled this rat out and it bit me. It when down hill from there - as did the reputation of the restaurant.
We ended up in a Supermarket at 4am dancing together to the muzak down the frozen food aisle. It seemed like a good idea but we were both very, very drunk.
My parents didn't set limits like that.
Can't honestly remember.
When I go on a date I concentrate on the person I'm with. It says something if you are toting up what it's costing you. Or is this asking if you prefer your dates to be 'cheap'? :lol:
I suspect that you would always feel there was something missing - the keyboard.
All dates are romantic - or they should be.
-Is dating over rated?
Not if you are a Historian.

I once picked up a video called 'Dynamic Dating'. It took me a while to figure out why the cover featured a Ming vase...

core_17 said:
Aw...I was hoping more people would respond to this thread! I like reading about people's experiences!

Me too...(how's that for a bump :lol: )

Most reactions

Back