Daughters wedding: Looking for some thoughts and input

Nice photo! It looks like your new SIL may have the same issue my husband does, always feels the need to lean in during pictures. I have the hardest time getting a picture of him where he's not angling his head down (it gets on my nerves to no end). Our girls always ask why Daddy is holding funny when we go back and look at pictures. I keep telling him not to lean over or tilt his head down, I think he does it because he thinks he needs to be closer to our level.

The main thing is that all of you like the photo and that everyone enjoyed their day!

I think the original is lovely. I don't think I'd crop it, I like seeing the fence and the trees and leaves on the ground along with her flowers and sweater - it's a beautiful fall wedding photo. And what do you think she bought that beautiful dress for?? leave it in the picture! lol (Or maybe a cropped version would be OK too but I'd just adjust the original a little and leave well enough alone.)

I think the white of her dress is affected by being in the shade, it looks like it might be a more cooltone white compared to her pearls that look warmer white (all whites don't look the same white). I would probably adjust so the dress has a somewhat less bluish look too, but it might look a bit more cool in photos where she's in less bright light.

Was it a little hazy out? I noticed it but off in the background to the left and I don't think it's that noticeable. I'm not sure about the focus either but again, it's not that noticeable, and it might be partly that's she's all in shade that it may seem a bit softer.

I'd just do a little adjusting and print and frame it. (Print/frame more than one, for them, your family, her family... really, it's lovely.)

She's very pretty.
The lean in is a big no no.
Looking at the photographer for a couples shot is kinda boring. Have them look at each other instead.
They fill the frame too much and need room to "breathe." Nice to see more background.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The slightly blue cast to her dress was really the biggest thing I noticed, in a negative sense. I really have nothing to add to what's already been said, except:

This isn't *really* wedding photography. This is the Father of the Bride, who happens to know a thing or two about photography, seizing an opportunity for a photo on his daughter's wedding day. Had you been looking at this wedding as a chance to work on your wedding photographer skills, then sure--some fill light, think more about their pose, etc. But somehow I suspect that you might possibly have had one or two other things dominating your thoughts that day, and so I can completely understand why you just posed and shot a picture. I think you did quite well with it, really.

And, as someone else mentioned, my guess is your daughter will love this picture as much or more than the professional ones, because her dad took it.

I kinda like it more without the crop, though. Shows your daughter's wedding gown off better.

Also--your daughter looks so much like a slightly younger version of a friend of mine, it's scary! I did a double-take when I first saw it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back