Dawn Gathering

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
Nice backlight. Good the fact you cut away the limits of the rocks, so they seem an indefinite number. Was that close to water?

Nice backlight. Good the fact you cut away the limits of the rocks, so they seem an indefinite number. Was that close to water?

Thanks, Benjo. Yes, if you look at my threads Falling water and Return to Falling Water in the general gallery, these are piled on the banks of the river.

Agreed second one is much better for my taste.

yes. In a pic like that details and contrast have to be boosted.

Nice shot with sun coming through, that gives it its punch I think.
Also think the second version is better processed.

Nice shot with sun coming through, that gives it its punch I think.
Also think the second version is better processed.

Thanks, LilyBee. Yes, the sun coming through the trees is what caught my attention and is, as you say, what adds punch to this scene. I had taken a few other shots of these blocks, both on this day and a day or two before, and I really like the contrast between their artificial shapes and the organic forms of the trees, but without the sun it would probably be a bit...meh.

And thanks for commenting on the processing. It was shot in raw, which is relatively rare for me but which gave me the chance to get that little bit extra out of it on the second attempt.

hate be the odd one out, but I prefer the original. second is trying to hard, actually losing effect. it starts to look more puffy and the forground real abnormal. the first, while flat, was subtle and actually more powerful. For me at least. Guess I am just saying sometimes less is more. two cents.

hate be the odd one out, but I prefer the original. second is trying to hard, actually losing effect. it starts to look more puffy and the forground real abnormal. the first, while flat, was subtle and actually more powerful. For me at least. Guess I am just saying sometimes less is more. two cents.

Thanks, bribrius. That gives me food for thought.

Most reactions

Back