Day 2 Of The Paving Project

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Despite the fact that we had a summer monsoon dump buckets of water on us after they had all the grading/prep work done yesterday, we survived with only minimal wash outs. After some short repair work this morning they were on to paving. Very first pass on the upper landing a roughly 50 x 100 area, with buildings, walls, walks, curves, etc. to work around. Lots of starts, stops, moves, but they are finally around the last curve and on to the driveway, where they stopped for the day. Tomorrow should go pretty fast, as once they set the machine they won't have to pick it up again until they are done or finished for the day!!!! I guess some might think getting excited over a paved driveway is silly, but when you've dealt with the gravel, ruts, dust, 4 wheel drive for 11 years, like we have, it is a big deal.

First of the asphalt going down.
Paving09062017_921.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Or silver/gold pentaxes :048:

So... how many D850s and gold-ring lenses does this driveway represent?
Or silver/gold pentaxes :048:

Well that depends, on how much "other" work we do in conjunction. Landscaping, entrance, etc. On the low side maybe 7 or 8 D850 bodies, on the high side made 10-12.

Thanks @tirediron you really know how to deflate my ballloon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:aiwebs_016:

I'm glad the rain didn't cause too much disruption with the project!

Looking good. :thumbyo:

Thanks, the company we hired has been around a long time. Does really good work. Now that it's cooled enough I might go out and drive across it just for the heck of it!!:allteeth:

Thanks, the company we hired has been around a long time. Does really good work. Now that it's cooled enough I might go out and drive across it just for the heck of it!!:allteeth:
Do it! Remind yourself how awesome it's all going to be once it's done. :)

I just did, I went forward, I went backward, I even stopped on the slope and eased forward without spinning a tire!!! It was awesome!!:allteeth: Only bad thing is they can't seal coat it till early spring, once the chemicals in the asphalt flash off.

Thanks @tirediron you really know how to deflate my ballloon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:aiwebs_016:

Next time a load of gravel a rake and a new D9 (I know it doesn't exist yet but by the time you need a new driveway it will) with a sparkling new 70-200 to capture the occasion. :p

Next time a load of gravel a rake and a new D9 (I know it doesn't exist yet but by the time you need a new driveway it will) with a sparkling new 70-200 to capture the occasion. :p

On average I've spent $2k/yr on driveway maintenance, so that's going to the photography side. Already making out the wish list.

Rumor has it that the county is going to pave our dirt road that is either muddy or dry and flying.
Our neighbor lady is the squeaky wheel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sweet equipment....nice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back