DAY 5 of the WHW hike

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74387

.. continued West Highland Way Spam ;)

... day 5 from Tyndrum to Rannoch Moor...

1: Beinn Odhar and Beinn Dorain (north of Tyndrum)
whw97_085.jpg

2: Looking towards Rannoch Moor from Bridge of Orchy
whw97_098.jpg

3: Stob Coir'an Albannaich and Stob Ghabhar
whw97_109.jpg

4: :)
whw97_112.jpg

5: Loch Tulla
whw97_114.jpg

to be continued here :http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74446

I don't recognize or understand the names of the places...but I like the photos.

I don't recognize or understand the names of the places...but I like the photos.

Well, there is more than just the English language in Scotland ;)

Thanks.

really nice work! did you use a wide angle for these? :)

In this thread it's impossible to narrow it down to a fave/faves. What gorgeous countryside. The colours in #1 are spectacular (and all those curving lines of fences, tracks, and poles are interesting). Love the lighting in the last one.

More, please. :D

I really like #1, I like how the train tracks lead you through the photo. Did you use a tripod for these, or handheld?

Alex this series will go down in history! I love Scotland and these are making me want to get back up there really soon

This Photo 1 here is quite appealing! I like all the soft curves both in the lines of the hills as well as the railway line.
But Photo 2 is also really beautiful. Were you standing right in that stream when you took it?
And hey, there's also Photo 3 - the clouds produce really nice shadows on the hills, and if you have never known the meaning of the word "rolling" before then you do after you have seen this photo! I think they so look like "rolling hills"!
But can you really also SPEAK the place names? Or have you jotted them down into your travel diary and copy them now letter by letter (I would need to do that!)
Photo 4 --- okaaaaaaaayyyyy :wink: (that is some serious hairstyle!) and
Photo 5: ALL THOSE COLOURS! Wow. (Note that I am saying this while only a little part is green :greenpbl: ).

Off to the next series!
It must have been early spring when you were there?

lostprophet said:
Alex this series will go down in history!

Given that I take took them all almost exactly 10 years ago, it is history already ;)

simonkit said:
Great shots of stunning scenery - visited 4yrs ago when it became my No1 favourite place !!

Actually, I had the idea of going back there this year, just don't know when to squeeze it in :(

LaFoto said:
This Photo 1 here is quite appealing! I like all the soft curves both in the lines of the hills as well as the railway line.

One of my favourite images from this trip :)

But Photo 2 is also really beautiful. Were you standing right in that stream when you took it?

No, on a bridge ;)

[/quote]
But can you really also SPEAK the place names? Or have you jotted them down into your travel diary and copy them now letter by letter (I would need to do that!)
[/quote]

I can pronounce some, not all ;)

It must have been early spring when you were there?

April! And spring is always a bit later in Scotland than elsewhere ;)
Also altitude plays a role of course

Most reactions

Back