Day after Thanksgiving Shopping

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Any go??? I did, got up at 3, drove an hour and half to a best buy...waited in line an hour and a half, but got a cheap mp3 player, 2 dvd players, and my aunt got 2 computers and printers!!! Although insanely cold, I must say it was quite enjoyable to watch and listen to everyone...and the mp3 player is bonus too. Anyone else go????

Nope, I was at our rivarly game, which is another day after thanksgiving tradition! :)

Zach :D "There's always next year"

oriecat said:
No way. No sales are worth getting up that early and dealing with that many people.

I completely agree. I'm not much of a shopping person as is. And...I absolutely detest malls!

A $200 computer was worth it for me and my aunt...if I wasn't there I would have been sleeping...and I got plenty of that afterward :wink:

Nah... I detest going out shopping after TG. So many people crammed in the stores, fair amount of shoving aside, pushing, rib bruising.

But I did shop nevertheless... I got a new computer, a P4 3.0GHz with lots of memory and a good size HD. I can finally run PS the way I like it. Oh, it's a D*ll.

I usually avoid post thanksgiving shopping like the plague, but I did venture out for a bit. I wanted to get a pay-as-you-go cell phone for my boyfriend to keep in his car during the winter...he drives an hour one way to school...and one place had it on sale for $40, which included the phone, activation, and a $20 phone card which won't expire for 4 months. By then the weather will be better so he won't need the phone. I had to make quick stops a couple other places, too...and I hated every minute of it. Specially cuz one of those places was Walmart! NEVER GO TO WALMART THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING. IT IS HELL!!!! I went in for ONE thing.

So theres lots of good sales in the usa the day after thanksgiving? :0)

GerryDavid said:
So theres lots of good sales in the usa the day after thanksgiving? :0)

Um...it's the biggest shopping day of the year. HUGE. INSANE. I bought ONE THING at Walmart...went through the 10 items or less express lane, and I swear it took me 20 minutes to get through the line!

So what are some examples of the deals you can get on the day after thanksgiving? :0)

Scroll up...the $200 computers at Bestbuy...all sorts of stuff. I dunno...like I said, I try to avoid shopping after turkey day.

Yup, but thats the final value, not the price it was before the sale. :0) For all I know it was a $210 pc. :0) Now if it was a $1000 pc, Id be impressed. :0)

oriecat said:
No way. No sales are worth getting up that early and dealing with that many people.

AMEN!!! Waiting in lines drives me nuts anyway...I keep thinking of sheep waiting in line to be sheered or worse. I saw on CNN last night that early reports show over $8billion spent on friday. Somebody is getting a BIG christmas I bet.

bah, i never go, execpt last year with my ex girlfriend.. it was funny, cuz her mom wanted a dvd player (which were sold out) but i did notice to girls fighting over the last one or something, so i ran over snatched it and ran like hell.. made 5 bux`from my exs mom :D

PreludeX said:
bah, i never go, execpt last year with my ex girlfriend.. it was funny, cuz her mom wanted a dvd player (which were sold out) but i did notice to girls fighting over the last one or something, so i ran over snatched it and ran like hell.. made 5 bux`from my exs mom :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: freak!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most reactions

Back