day at karaka bay

hehe... I think that those are your first b&w photos that I see :)

Nice shots. I don't think the thread title quite fits tho. I was expecting beach shots or summat. LOL.

Ya got me ;) Actually, its a bit challenging for to take beach shots without my wide angle at the moment! I did take a few but none really made the cut

Cruzin said:
I really like the tones on the second picture, wonder why the wood/coal? stove is outside?

lol i asked myself the same question! Karaka Bay is extremely interesting -its the signing place of the Treaty of Waitangi for the Maori in the Eastern Bays of Auckland.

Its in an ultra rich part of Auckland, new homes there are worth over a million bucks, but the residents who actually live in the bay area live in older, eclectic and arty house where you wouldn't be surprised to see a stove on the outside. It offers a nice contrast the snooty upper class situated on the cliffs above.

mark, i've already told you i like all of them alot -:)
... now i think my favs are the razor's one and the branches one -
i love the razors repetitions with a dof (does it make sense? ha ha-;) ), and the only thing here is i would like to see a little bit more of it from the top ( i mean - the right top corner)

im really happy to see your 85mm bws, mark! :D

ps. have you cropped the branches one from the top or not? cause im just curious... -:)

I like this whole series, my fave being #3. The lines on the plant are lovely and the tone is soft and nice.

Great job. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back