day at the lake...

whiterabbit7500

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i had nothing to do today, and some extra rolls of film, so I decided to take the camera to the lake and take some shots. Again, the pictures might appear grainy because I have to scan them from prints. Any C&C is welcome

there you go, the better pics...i really need to work on getting a digital SLR to make my life so much easier, lol.

What a pity to see how much these photos suffer in the scanning and subsequent compression process. Some look like paintings, so much detail has gone lost. I opened up 1, 3 and 8, because those interested me most from the look at the thumbnails and was a little disappointed by the lack in quality.

I still like Photo 1 for that goose (I assume it is?) looks interesting, but it is too centred for my liking ... you could work on composition a bit by cropping out that tree trunk on the right, I think.

Do you develop your own film, or do you take it somewhere? I know a lot of places offer to put film prints on CD. That might help cut down on the grain and whatnot. :) All that aside, these are excellent photos. Those are interesting waterfowl. Any idea what they are?

Do you develop your own film, or do you take it somewhere? I know a lot of places offer to put film prints on CD. That might help cut down on the grain and whatnot. :) All that aside, these are excellent photos. Those are interesting waterfowl. Any idea what they are?

I take it to a camera specialty shop to develop, but their scanners do about the same thing. Still need to photoshop out what grain I can. I'm really just using this film SLR until I can learn/save up enough for a decent digital SLR.
On the ducks, I have no idea the actual name of the species. Their just big, fat annoying ducks, lol. Thanks for the critique though guys :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back