Day in SF

Retro_x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took my sister to SF today:

First few was off the Blue Angles (I think that's their name)

angels.jpg

angels2.jpg

angels3.jpg

The following are just random photos:

bench.jpg

wine.jpg

city.jpg

horse.jpg

pier.jpg

flower.jpg

OK, had thoughts about your little series earlier but did not quite know how to phrase them, but since you are curious to hear comments, any comments at all, I'll just tell you my immediate thoughts.

Photos are good.

However hardly any one of them shows that this is San Francisco and not anywhere else. That does not diminish their quality, but it makes me wonder why you call this thread "Day in SF".

But ok.
Those were only my immediate thoughts.

The air show photos are nice, I am not sure I would EVER manage to get the planes into my frame... I think they would ALWAYS be too fast for me.

The miniature people in their dioramas: what are they? Where did you find them. Interesting DOF on those two photos, although the focus in the second - so it seems - is not quite where it should be: it should be on the person who holds up the bottle of wine, not on the corner of the crate.

The first of the two black and whilte photos has more contrast than the second, which I find quite flat - it does not speak to me at all - but could still do with a tad more, I think.

The flowers were taken in VERY bright light. With flower photos a more muted light seems to be of greater advantage. DOF is nice on that one!

Do you process your photos further after you have taken them or do you want to always only present them like they come straight from the camera? If not, you might try to tone the flowers down a bit and bring contrast up in the fun fair photo.

Is this ok with you?
Oh, and welcome to ThePhotoForum :D.

Hey, was it Fleet Week in SF? They were also supposed to have the Red Bull races over the water if I remember right. Wish I was there.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back