Day Out..

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by kia99, Jan 24, 2005.

1. kia99

kia99 TPF Noob!

Hi

Firstly, thanks for looking at my thread!. The following shots were taken on and nearby the River Medway, which runs through my home town Maidstone, Kent, England.

I most interested what you think of the composition of my photo's. The lighting is quite poor in several. But please be as brutal as you like as I would apprciate an honest opinion, don't worry, I have broad shoulders! ;)

Thanks in advance

Glynn.

PS. Do you think I have reduced the photo's too much?. What res do you normally post?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Lots of photos so I'm going to do the last one of the buildings. I think of all the shots this is the best. The color from the sun of the buildings and the heavy black of the shadows play well off each other. You may want to increase the brightness just a bit and up the saturation to make a little stronger statement.
    My other thing would be to crop the photo down a bit or edit out the light pole in the top left and the car in the bottom right they are a little distracting. You may even want to try it as a B&W you should be able to get a good tonal range from this photo.

As for the swans that are a little dark a good fill flash will let you light the subject nicely while retaining some of natural light further in the background. You may also want to shot with a smaller aperture to create a limited DOF to really create a strong subject in the photos.

3. kia99

kia99 TPF Noob!

Thank you for the tips on lighting my subject better and the DOF pointer.

I am going to have a play with that last shot and repost.

Cheers

4. Vmann

Vmann TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Really do like the photo of the buildings can't wait to see. Good luck