Daydreaming

Beautiful work, Matt. I like the blue sky against the greys--very nice effect. What ISO are you shooting at? Also, I didn't realize the Rebel did IR--that's something I'll pass on to a friend who may buy the Rebel. I got IR on my D30, but it's totally blocked on the D60. I haven't tried the 1D with an IR filter yet, but I may give it a go.

Right now I'm shooting with a converted Nikon E4500--the IR blocker has been removed and replaced with a #87 IR filter. Nice thing about that is I can shoot at regular speeds, hand held. I haven't had it on a pod since I converted it.

If you get a chance will you check out my post in the Gallery? I'd like to hear what you think. I posted a different pic there because, aside from you and I, there wasn't any interest in the Alternative Forum. But, there doesn't seem to be much interest the Gallery, either. Maybe because folks don't know me yet, although it has had a lot of views. I'm thinking people here aren't liking IR very much? (Or it could be my pic is terrible :shock: ) :D

Thanks Ariadne. That shot was ISO 200, f/11, 13 seconds. The digital rebel does IR against it's will. It does have an IR blocking filter over the sensor, but with enough time you can get an exposure. I use a 50mm f/1.8 lens. If I shoot at ISO 400 and wide open I can get shutter speeds under 1 second, but at the cost of focus. I've found that ISO 200 and f/11 work out nicely, in full sun that is. It's got to be nice to be able to shoot handheld :p I'm gonna go check out your post now. Nobody posts in the Alternative forum really, so don't hold your breath there. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back