DC on a gray day

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Reservist, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Reservist

Reservist TPF Noob!

DC on a gray day, what do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

This looks really fake to me. I'm not sure what you've done to this, but there is a MAJOR pink halo around the building and bushes. Your title says a grey day, but the sky has a pinkish tint to it. Not really sure about the composition either...if you're a local you might try to reshoot. Something about this to me just seems really over processed, possibly oversharpened and color corrected...

3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ditto Amanda. The capital looks like it was taken from another shot and dropped in to the picture. The capital comes off looking very low resolution and as Amanda said, there is a halo around the whole thing. What happened?

4. Reservist

Reservist TPF Noob!

It does look that way and I'm not sure what happened, it was not cropped or altered, it was an overcast morning, about 6AM, no fliters, I've got plenty of other pics, I am downtown early and am trying my hand at different settings. the eary morning light is interesting to work with.

5. kilifila66

kilifila66 TPF Noob!

Although it does look fake, I kinda like it. It reminds me of nickelodeon trying to teach kids about the capitol when they drop it in on an empty background and then add a characture of Bill Clinton in front of that.

6. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

If you have PS try adjusting the levels, hue/saturation, and possibly adding a photo filter and see what you can do with it.