DC Shots 2 - Night Shots

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by MohaimenK, Jul 25, 2010.

1. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    (Yes, I posted these in the Landscape section by mistake which I meant to put in this section so you might have seen them there. Sorry, not trying to clutter the forum.)

Here are 4 more, didn't want to put all 8 in one thread since a lot of people don't like that. C&C Welcome

1. I know a lot here don't like angled shots but this has to be my favorite out of the bunch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Again, som big overexposure here. When you're losing details to overexposure, it's not necessarily a good thing. It's ok to have a dark sky and surrounding; it's dark out, show it that way.

3. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah, I PPed the RAW file and added more brightness. I could always knock that down. Kindda was going for the "dawn" look rather than night look. The Lincoln pic does look overexposed imo

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You can always try getting two exposures and blending them together if you want a more evenly exposed scene where there's such a huge contrast in the ambient light.

5. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    True :thumbup: I will play with some of other shots. The one of that big "atlantic" thing was EXTREMELY hard to get a goot shot of. People walked by every few sec even at 11:30pm so that's the only shot I have of it but. Nontheless I will go back out there next week and get some shots. This is really helpful because I will be taking a trip down to Canada soon and I want to make sure I don't come back with crappy pictures. Can't go back there for a reshoot :lol: