DC Shots - Night Shots

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(Yes, I posted these in the Landscape section by mistake which I meant to put in this section so you might have seen them there. Sorry, not trying to clutter the forum.)

C&C Welcome everyone.

1. White House. Not really the best angle as I was told I couldn't use tripod there. So it was sitting on the floor. I couldn't really see much from the view finder so took a blind shot.

moz-screenshot.png
DCNightShots188.jpg

DCNightShots157.jpg

DCNightShots103.jpg

DCNightShots172.jpg

They all look overexposed to me. Especially #1 - it's hard to tell that it was night.
I like the composition of #2, but it's still too bright.

blurry, oof, highlights are blown... put them in the recycle bin and try again..

i hope you guys realize these were long exposure shots so when you say blurry, out of focus, yeah the flags are blurry, so are the water fountains, and the water seems smooth. Kindda what happens when for those types of shots.

As far as exposure, I can tone it down with in a few sec as these were RAW files. But for these shots, I like them like that. No need to throw any of them in trash bin. But thanks for the suggestion.

well the first one and the last one are OOF

i
As far as exposure, I can tone it down with in a few sec as these were RAW files. But for these shots, I like them like that. No need to throw any of them in trash bin. But thanks for the suggestion.

Mohaimen, you can only correct the exposure a little bit on RAW file. If you correct it too much, it doesnt look right.

I think you need to do spot metering on the monument and figure out how long you need to leave the shutter open. What aperture were you using?

I love the shots though! I would try again if I were you! It is not like the building will walk away ;). 2 & 3 are my favorites, but the monument is too overexposed.

Mohaimen, you can only correct the exposure a little bit on RAW file. If you correct it too much, it doesnt look right.

I think you need to do spot metering on the monument and figure out how long you need to leave the shutter open. What aperture were you using?

I love the shots though! I would try again if I were you! It is not like the building will walk away ;). 2 & 3 are my favorites, but the monument is too overexposed.

Yeah had problem with the monument for sure. I do agree! Of course I'll try again :D Also, gotta learn more about spot metering.

what was your aperture? I think I would try around 7.1 to 10

I've taken several shots with several exposure and I used bulb move in all of them so I can try from 1 sec to 45 sec time depending on the place

I wouldn't use bulb. You would have no idea how long to press it. Use manual and figure out how many sec to leave the shutter open.

I wouldn't use bulb. You would have no idea how long to press it. Use manual and figure out how many sec to leave the shutter open.

I hardly use anything but the M mode for long exposure shots. Then I play with the ISO and the f-stop and then the timing of how long I hold my shots for. There's a count showing on my LCD while I hold it. Well, that's how I'm doing it for now. The last monument picture didn't come out right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back