DC with the new tokina 12-24 and polarizer

nakedyak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got this lens last week. Debated long and hard whether to get the Canon 10-22mm, but i decided i didnt want to spend the money, and i got this one. It's sharp and reasonably wide.

So I went downtown on thursday to try this lens out along with my polarizer that I just got recently.

So here are some shots that I got, nothing fancy. My question is, someone who is not a photographer told me they thought the sky was too dark and dramatic. And I tried explaining the point of the polarizer to them, but I want to know what you guys think. Too much, or does it work? Thanks!

73015622.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

73015635.jpg

original.jpg

73015637.jpg

original.jpg

I think the dark blue is way cool on these shots, especially the ones with the greens in the shot too. I would prefer this over a blandish light blue sky. Nice work.

some sicks shot there, man. if I had to pick, I'd say the last one, but nicely done through and through.

veryy nice sums up washington I think :)

Yes, your polariser does a super job and a sky with this bit of "drama" is preferable to any simply "bland" skies at all times. I like it a lot here.
And I like the effect of your wide angle lens. Cool.
I still have to get myself used to just normal wide angles - I find composing difficult with them, but in DC I would not, I think, there are so many large buildings that only a wide angle can really do them justice.

For me, you thought of me when you took these???????
How sweet! :hug::

kisshands.gif

looks like a fun lens, there are some really great shots in there. The sky doesn't bother me at all in these, but i like that look, especially when there are clouds like in 1, 3, 4. It is starting to get just a bit dark for my taste in the last 2, but the rest look great. :thumbup:

Wow! I really like these shots. I need to get a wider angle lens. I only have the 18-50mm right now. I like these shots with the polarizer.

I use the polarizer on almost all my shots to bring out the blue in the sky, especially during cloudy days. But I have not taken any shots during sunny days like these. I will have to give it a try.

Excellent shots!

Most reactions

Back