DC3 Aeroplane

PushingTin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.christwine.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to take pics of the exterior and got there just as they were going to start the engines for a test run. Captain invited me in to the cockpit to watch the startup procedure which was very kind of him :thumbup:

dc31.jpg

dc32.jpg

dc33.jpg

dc34.jpg

dc35.jpg

dc36.jpg

dc37.jpg

ok... really cool stuff. i love the colours in 1 and 3. i would clone out the hanger bottom left on 1 though. also, #3 has some really cool cropping potential for some abstracts in the side of the plane. i wish more planes were still shiney.

Great pictures.

Hard to believe that the DC-3 is still in service...

And, no - they don't build 'em like that anymore...

Planes from that era were made to last forever. Modern planes are meant to be thrown away after 10 years (but they aren't)...
The planes I currently work on were all built in the sixties (the last one was built in 1964). Back then, they built to last.

Last edited:
here i loved that shot so i tried a couple crops. hope you like.

oops, just realized i caught the bottom bit of the lettering top frame in the first one... oh well

PushingTincr.jpg

PushingTincr2.jpg

#1 is a great angle. Good job.

Hard to believe that the DC-3 is still in service...

And, no - they don't build 'em like that anymore...

Planes from that era were made to last forever. Modern planes are meant to be thrown away after 10 years (but they aren't)...
True, built to last but certainly not built to fly fast.... I had to vector all the faster jets around this bird...

the fourth pic is nice. i like the movement of the hand and the fact that everything else is well defined. but the right part outside the windshield (is that what it's called on a plane??) is way too overexposed. it distracts from the rest of the image!
i love love love the fifth photo.

Thx for the comments giorgia, i agree with the outside being overexposed but it was just one of those cases where I needed to either expose for the outside or the inside of the cockpit.

I usually get away in those situations by creating 2 different shots (expose for inside and outside) and then blend the image, but didnt have that luxury. I also tried matrix metering to try help but it didnt. So it was a case of inside exposed well and outside was completely washed out but i saved what i could in post processing.

Hope this makes sense?

Great images, specially the first, and yes it does make sense :), you saved what you can and got the main subject exposed properly, so the photo is very good!

Most reactions

Back