Dead Tree at Sunset

Thank you- the place can be so wierd :)

Thanks.

Thank you. I'd noticed the colors from a distance when shooting other areas in the valley at sunset over the last group of years. Finally made it over there.

Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with it. :)

That's the effect I was looking for, and I wanted the whole scene to flatten out on itself. The distance from the tree to the rock formation is about 40 feet. There are remains of an old adobe house that have been painted over (with lead paint as the adobe was built with radioactive clay- that's wierd) to match the rocks. At sunset during the time of year this was shot, the vegetation in the area turns red-orangish from the soil on the slope leading to the spot (my theory).

I noticed this effect/phenomenon about a year before on a ridge overlooking the valley:

760-c0136.jpg

This shot was taken within a week of a year before at about the same time of day. The sun was in roughly the same position- coming through low. The ranch house/dead tree is about 1/3 from the left in front of the formation just about dead center between top and bottom.

The abstract, nearly flat look is exactly what I meant to shoot- It took a year. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about with what I've seen of your storm shots. It's following the ~way, it's more than just a single image.

-best.

Ahhh... gotcha... thanks for the explanation!

I see what you mean, kinda lizard-like? Thank you.
That's why I like your abstracts. There are many features to wile away the hours with. Let me go talk to my ole friend. You know, he's tha rootin'ist, tootin'ist, sharp shootin'ist hombre this side of the Pecos. :lmao:

I like it but I don't really see the tree as a great focal point because it gets lost in all that warm color.

That's why I like your abstracts. There are many features to wile away the hours with. Let me go talk to my ole friend. You know, he's tha rootin'ist, tootin'ist, sharp shootin'ist hombre this side of the Pecos. :lmao:

:thumbup: It's all about killing time for other people.

I'm sure he's out taking that profile shot right now just to prove it to you. Just wait, he'll be back.

:shock:

I like it but I don't really see the tree as a great focal point because it gets lost in all that warm color.

The tree is just sort of a starting point. The effect and spatial distortion is intentional.

-------------

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back