~Dead Winter~

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$_MGL0020-Edit.jpg

I like it, especially the creaminess at the bottom.

I think it's great. I could use a little more space on top above the flower.

What a really nice picture. I like the colors in the first one better, it almost looks like a painting. Probably would look good printed on canvas.

Hmmmm . . . I prefer the portrait orientation and the warmth in the original, but I like the crop in the third one.

They are all nice. The only issue I have is that the portrait is not doing it for me. I dont like the aggressive blur on the lower half. The cropped closer shot is way better in my opinion.

Thank you all for your feedback. The first one is defiantly my favorite of the three, and I agree I should add a little room to the top if the flower.

Remove the chromatic aberrations and these would be good.

I like #2 and #3 better than #1. #2 is still too tight at the top, but the negative space to the left helps quite a bit.

In addition to the pure aesthetics of the shots, one of the considerations I completely neglected when I started shooting (and still screw up frequently) is that if you like one of these well enough to print it, a little extra room around the edges can come in pretty handy when you're tucking a photo under matting, and if you want to do something like a gallery wrap, you'll burn up the extra room in the wrapped portion of the photo.

I think #3 edges the other two out by just a hair.

It's probably me and I'm sure I must be missing something here, but to be quite honest if my prints came back from the lab looking like these, I wouldn't pay for them. Does that sound too harsh? I don't mean to be rude and I've tried to see what everyone is raving about, but sorry.....

It's probably me and I'm sure I must be missing something here, but to be quite honest if my prints came back from the lab looking like these, I wouldn't pay for them. Does that sound too harsh? I don't mean to be rude and I've tried to see what everyone is raving about, but sorry.....
What is it about the images you don't like? I appreciate your honesty, and no need to apologize. This style is definitely not for everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back